Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Spht's Forum | flags

AuthorMessageTime
deagle
I jus started using eternal chat...how do i give som1 flags wen no1 has any flags to start with...

im stuck because i dunt hav any acct that wuld hav the "authority" or flags to use the ".setuser <username> <flags>" command
August 12, 2004, 5:46 PM
Spht
[quote author=deagle link=board=41;threadid=8141;start=0#msg75234 date=1092332795]
I jus started using eternal chat...how do i give som1 flags wen no1 has any flags to start with...

im stuck because i dunt hav any acct that wuld hav the "authority" or flags to use the ".setuser <username> <flags>" command
[/quote]

[quote]If you are using the EternalChat version 2.15 for the first time, you can either create a file named database.txt in the bot's directory, or let the bot create it when it opens. In database.txt, type in your Battle.net name that you want to access the bot with in lower-case, followed by the flags that you want in upper-case. For example:
spht MOS
If you want to manually add more then one person to the database, put it on the next line. For example:
spht MOS
disclaimer S
Remember to add the server tag (@USEast/@USWest/@Europe/@Asia) if you're using Warcraft III and you're accessing the bot from a non-Warcraft III client.

Of course, as practice, you can add the other users that you want to have access with the setuser command when the bot is online. If the bot is not responding to you, make sure that the name in the database matches how the name appears in the bot window when you talk. If it still doesn't work, and your account has the M (master) flag, try whispering the bot "settrigger ." (or whatever you want the trigger to be) and the bot should respond. The default trigger is a period (alt+0046).[/quote]

http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/eternalchat/#6
August 12, 2004, 5:54 PM
deagle
i tried that but it wuldnt work...im logged onto a D2 client and i've tried both w/ the * and w/o
August 12, 2004, 6:34 PM
Spht
[quote author=deagle link=board=41;threadid=8141;start=0#msg75249 date=1092335664]
i tried that but it wuldnt work...im logged onto a D2 client and i've tried both w/ the * and w/o
[/quote]

Don't use Diablo2 for remote access. It is unsafe due to the star infront of name and the star also being a wildcard. EternalChat has no special handling of the star, IIRC.
August 12, 2004, 6:45 PM
Balistik
I had never noticed that before Spht -- Thanks -- The d2 thing you can easily put a couple characteres in front of *Name.

By the way - I'm a huge fan of your Bots Spht, I'm not trying to suck up or anything, Sphtbot and Eternal Chat are amazing though...

When will you release a moderation bot? :-P
August 13, 2004, 4:26 AM
LW-Falcon
All of them are private >:(
August 13, 2004, 4:56 AM
deagle
ok i started running it on a WC3 client...
i tried almost every possibility (all lowercase name, l-case name w/ @gateways, etc) on the database w/ MOS flags and it still seds i hav flag 0.

:'(
August 13, 2004, 8:51 PM

Search