Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Texas Tech 1st day of practice

AuthorMessageTime
DarkMinion
I will be hijacking the practice video from RedRaiderSports.com and uploading it to vL.com for whomever cares to watch to get a slight college football fix.

Practice started at 6:30 CST today and they should have the video posted later tonight.
August 12, 2004, 12:06 AM
DarkMinion
Ok, reports are they won't have the videos up until tomorrow morning.
August 12, 2004, 3:44 AM
Grok
Warchant has had videos of the FSU passing drills but they are in no way exciting enough to share with non-fans.
August 12, 2004, 5:45 AM
Grok
Kevin Steele on his linebackers:

With no returning starters in his unit, Florida State linebackers coach Kevin Steele could play the martyr role.

He could spin a yarn about how much maturing this group needs to do before being compared to last season’s senior trio of Kendyll Pope, Michael Boulware and Allen Augustin. He could remind people that all three of those players are in NFL camps, while his current players are somewhat unproven.

He could say all that, of course – but no one would believe him.

As early as last season, word started spreading that FSU’s 2004 linebacker corps would be among the most talented in the country. And if the first few days of preseason practice are any indication, the hype is justified.

During a sequence in 11-on-11 drills Wednesday, middle linebacker Buster Davis intercepted one Chris Rix pass and returned it for a touchdown. And moments later, strongside linebacker Ernie Sims deflected another Rix pass into the arms of free safety B.J. Ward, who took advantage of another easy interception.

Did we mention that Sims and Davis are working with FSU’s second-team defense? And that they were going up against the Seminoles’ first-team offense?

Perhaps you see now why Steele makes no attempt to hide his enthusiasm.

“Athletically,” Steele said, “when you start talking about bigger, stronger, faster, changing direction, burst, explosion and all those things – the buzz (words) the NFL uses for linebackers – these guys are more talented than any group I've ever coached. And that's including every year. That's Nebraska, Tennessee, the National Football League.

“As an athletic group, this is the best I’ve ever been around.”
August 12, 2004, 6:04 AM
DarkMinion
What a sunshine pumper ;)
August 12, 2004, 6:48 AM
Grok
Notice he did not say Baylor?
August 12, 2004, 12:25 PM
DarkMinion
You're right, the video isn't really for non-fans ;D
August 12, 2004, 10:39 PM
DrivE
I'm a good for nothing troll with nothing productive to add to any conversation, I troll message boards that try to have real conversations about real subjects and try to ruin every conversation with my idiotic comments while wallowing in my extreme sense of self-loathing. Someone take a gun and put me out of my misery, please.

That is all.

Signed,
Hazard
August 26, 2004, 12:30 AM

Search