Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Corporate Messaging Server

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Who among you are using corporate messaging servers within your business? Which products and versions are you using? What do you like and dislike about it?

I am looking for a corporate messaging server that lets the administrator control who has access. No anonymous access. No corporate users may use it except as authorized by the administrator. Thus, we have control over which corporate users can chat.

Must have text chat, file transfer.
Voice and video are NOT required, but they are not disqualifiers if they exist.
August 11, 2004, 3:18 PM
crankycefx
Try Enterprise IM from Antepo.
August 14, 2004, 1:33 PM
Grok
[quote author=cefx- link=board=2;threadid=8125;start=0#msg75464 date=1092490407]
Try Enterprise IM from Antepo.
[/quote]

Is that something you are using? If so, answer my other questions.
August 14, 2004, 8:08 PM
crankycefx
They use it at other work call centres as Microsoft is only some of their clients.

I only know of it because they might be moving our MS center to a new building, and a ISP tech support group into the old one, and they were building a test machine with all the stuff...

It looks good.

I'll ask our trainer though.

I say, Grok, you use something we all do.
Google. :P
August 14, 2004, 11:42 PM
St0rm.iD
jabber?
August 15, 2004, 12:14 AM
Grok
[quote author=cefx- link=board=2;threadid=8125;start=0#msg75509 date=1092526940]
They use it at other work call centres as Microsoft is only some of their clients.

I only know of it because they might be moving our MS center to a new building, and a ISP tech support group into the old one, and they were building a test machine with all the stuff...

It looks good.

I'll ask our trainer though.

I say, Grok, you use something we all do.
Google. :P
[/quote]

Don't let the old cefx I gave up on show himself. Thin Ice.

If you're not in the scope of my question, i.e. you are not an administrator or user of a corporate messenging server, you should intelligently leave yourself out of this topic.
August 15, 2004, 12:33 AM

Search