Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Check keys through a website.

AuthorMessageTime
Bloody
Could any1 tell me if this is possible and meybe an idea of how u would go about coding preferably in php. -Thx
August 11, 2004, 5:09 AM
peofeoknight
"checking keys"?

I do not know what you mean, buts I am pretty sure its not possible. Php is server side and it is not run by the browser. This means you cannot get computer information such as resolution, system time, or play with the browser or keyboard. You are probably looking for something more... java script.
August 11, 2004, 10:52 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
I think he may mean bnet keys, if so there is some documentation on connecting on the forums.
August 11, 2004, 5:14 PM
Bloody
Yes i did mean bnet keys. Also, u said there was some info on the forums. I searched but couldnt find anything so if u could point me there or something that would be great. -Thx
August 11, 2004, 7:38 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Um the info is about checking stats, I cant bebothered to check each page of the web section sorry, but im tired. It was done by Kyro or someone like that. It has the connection sequence there. It may help you.
August 11, 2004, 7:41 PM
Bloody
K, thx for the help.
August 11, 2004, 7:47 PM
Quarantine
..and that is a CHAT connection not a Binary one.
August 11, 2004, 8:25 PM
Arta
You could check if a key was syntactically valid (ie, decodes correctly) but not if it was valid on Battle.net.
August 12, 2004, 2:34 AM
KkBlazekK
I wrote a software application that generates random cdkeys then trys them on bnet, with an interval and it also swiches servers. If someone gave me the anog for generating proper cdkeys, it might work better -.-......
August 12, 2004, 4:08 AM
LordNevar
Who ever comes up with the correct algoritham is definately not going to release it. That's an infinite amount of cdkey's, think of the possibilities.
August 12, 2004, 1:03 PM
Arta
No one knows the correct algorithm except blizzard. If you're generating random keys, you should make sure your product number is correct and then make random product/private values within the correct ranges, and then Then encode the key and compute the check digit. It's highly unlikely that the key will work on Battle.net, but you would be able to use it to install whichever game the key was for.
August 12, 2004, 1:07 PM
KkBlazekK
The code that one of the cdkeys generators gave me actually worked... if only I could get the code they used... and add it to yaesu...
August 12, 2004, 5:19 PM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=8121;start=0#msg75146 date=1092278090]You could check if a key was syntactically valid (ie, decodes correctly) but not if it was valid on Battle.net.[/quote]All he'd have to do to check if it's valid on Battle.net would be to connect to Battle.net and go through the version hashing and CD key sequence. Kyro was kind enough to prove that connecting onto a CHAT connection to check a user's stats is possible. Something so simple as checking a CD key using PHP should not only be possible, but perhaps even useful. Using BNLS, no CheckRevision would be necessary... no CDKeyDecode would be necessary... and then once you've checked the CD key, you can then report to the user as to whether or not the key is good.

I'm sure it can be done with PHP; it just hasn't yet.

The only problem is that it could easily be used for harvesting CD keys :(
August 12, 2004, 6:05 PM
Adron
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=17;threadid=8121;start=0#msg75239 date=1092333954]
The only problem is that it could easily be used for harvesting CD keys :(
[/quote]

The problem is that after a few invalid cd keys, the web server will be ip banned from battle.net...
August 12, 2004, 7:04 PM
tA-Kane
Have the webserver use proxies?
August 12, 2004, 7:36 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Kk)Blaze(kK link=board=17;threadid=8121;start=0#msg75225 date=1092331183]
The code that one of the cdkeys generators gave me actually worked... if only I could get the code they used... and add it to yaesu...
[/quote]

What is it written in? Perhaps it can be decompiled or you could check it in Hex Workshop? It wouldn't be impossible.
August 12, 2004, 10:42 PM
drivehappy
Here's some code I wrote not too long ago that will check for a correct D2 Classic key or LoD key. It probably needs some work.

http://mousepad-d2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8030
August 15, 2004, 2:26 AM
KkBlazekK
It was either in vb or C... looks more vb to me.

Heres a link to the one that I got a valid one from..

http://star.craft.by/esoft/files/?id=4

edit:
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=17;threadid=8121;start=0#msg75261 date=1092339361]
Have the webserver use proxies?
[/quote]

If somebody does do this, and then they spam invalid keys, that would spoil the proxies for everyone...
August 15, 2004, 8:29 AM
tA-Kane
force the user to input their own proxies?
August 15, 2004, 4:58 PM
KkBlazekK
That actually might solve that problem... Good Thinking...
August 15, 2004, 5:35 PM

Search