Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Spht's Forum | EternalChat connexion to Valhalla Network

AuthorMessageTime
Ziadohanlon
Hi,

I've read "Terms of Use" and know that u are not collecting Any CD-Keys or Username. I would like to know if EternalChat can connect on his own to Battle.Net chat and if it really needs to connect to "Valhalla Network"?? (I noticed that it try to connect to 63.161.183.202....and...it scared me a bit...)
Thanks to anyone taking time to read and respond me.

Ziad O'Hanlon
August 9, 2004, 11:22 AM
LW-Falcon
It connects to BNLS which is a remote hashing server and since eternal chat has alot of WAR3 clan options and WAR3 hashing isn't widely available so yes it has to connect to BNLS.
August 9, 2004, 4:37 PM
Spht
[quote author=Ziadohanlon link=board=41;threadid=8090;start=0#msg74714 date=1092050537]
Hi,

I've read "Terms of Use" and know that u are not collecting Any CD-Keys or Username. I would like to know if EternalChat can connect on his own to Battle.Net chat and if it really needs to connect to "Valhalla Network"?? (I noticed that it try to connect to 63.161.183.202....and...it scared me a bit...)
Thanks to anyone taking time to read and respond me.

Ziad O'Hanlon
[/quote]

Yes, it really needs to connect to "Valhalla Network." That is why you don't need game hash files when using EternalChat -- it gets the information from Valhalla Legend's BNLS (Battle.net Logon Server).
August 9, 2004, 4:39 PM
iago
To connect to Battle.net, you need special authentication files, which are fairly large (several megabytes) and change occasionally. By connecting to "valhalla network" you relieve the need for these.

Also, I'm told we get upwards of tens of thousands of logins/day -- if they really wanted to steal your credentials, the statistical chance of it happening to you is nothing.
August 10, 2004, 7:36 PM

Search