Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Bye bye hackers!

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser.
GG. Thanks Battle.net! Hackers gone bye bye on War3, looks like it's time to play again ;D
August 6, 2004, 6:37 AM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=3;threadid=8041;start=0#msg74300 date=1091774234]
GG. Thanks Battle.net! Hackers gone bye bye on War3, looks like it's time to play again ;D
[/quote]

Could you elaborate a little more about this issue, I am quite confused. And uh...although I doubt it affects me, I would like to know ;D
August 6, 2004, 7:44 PM
j0k3r
Hmmm, blizzard banning people, there's no way it would be posted on http://www.battle.net/
August 6, 2004, 7:46 PM
deadly7
lol... I quit playing Melee Wc3 the day the got it (like last tuesday)

DotA is ownage if no1 leaves/sucks
August 6, 2004, 8:56 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=deadly7 link=board=3;threadid=8041;start=0#msg74387 date=1091825769]
lol... I quit playing Melee Wc3 the day the got it (like last tuesday)

DotA is ownage if no1 leaves/sucks
[/quote]

Dota sucks :)
August 6, 2004, 9:08 PM
LW-Falcon
Someone in my clan uses mh like every game and he still has his account lol
August 7, 2004, 1:34 AM
SNiFFeR
[quote][img]http://www.battle.net/images-new/icons/war3.gif[/img]
Warcraft III Accounts Closed
Thursday, August 5, 2004
A number of additional accounts and CD keys have been tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing Warcraft III on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against cheating, we have permanently closed 18,000 Warcraft III accounts. 7,600 of the Warcraft III CD keys used with the now-closed accounts have been banned from ladder play for one month, and 1,400 more have been banned from ladder play permanently. Repeat offenders risk having their CD keys disabled, which will result in the permanent removal of their copies of Warcraft III from Battle.net.

We will continue to monitor Battle.net for cheating and take action as needed. If you would like to report additional instances of hacking or cheating, please notify us at hacks@blizzard.com. A false report filed by one player against another will not result in the actions described above.

As always, thank you for your continued support; with your help we have been able to keep Battle.net a fun and safe place to play Blizzard games.
[/quote]
August 10, 2004, 1:34 PM
Eli_1
[quote]
7,600 of the Warcraft III CD keys used with the now-closed accounts have been banned from ladder play for one month
[/quote]

That's their big punishment - no ladder for 30 days?
August 11, 2004, 10:32 AM
crashtestdummy
It's not that big of a deal... aren't you one of the people who was trying to learn how to hack around in BW?
August 11, 2004, 11:03 AM
Balistik
Mann -- Thousands of keys are banned daily -- today is no different ......
August 12, 2004, 4:00 PM

Search