Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Auto Update

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
I am trying to make a bot that auto updates like Shadow Bot and I have no idea how to do that :P so if anyone could possibly help me, that would be great.
March 24, 2003, 6:54 AM
SiMi
its not to hard chr0nic, you can use something like inet to connect and see if there is a download and then use winsocks, or you can use winsocks on both ways.if you want to open the exe after dling it, i suggesr you learn api calls.
March 24, 2003, 3:37 PM
haZe
Or he could just use Shell? :-X
March 24, 2003, 8:21 PM
SNiFFeR
or inet, to check if an update is needed then, a shell execute
March 24, 2003, 9:27 PM
ChR0NiC
ok im gonna use inet, thx for the help.
March 25, 2003, 1:29 AM
ChR0NiC
ok um i didnt get it working, but you could really help me instead of insulting me SiMi. Everyone starts out as a newb in bots at sometime, well except Cuphead.
March 25, 2003, 1:31 AM
SiMi
i insulted you? hrm i thought i was helping you, if you think that was a insult then there must be something wrong with you.
March 25, 2003, 1:55 AM
SNiFFeR
Alright, I'll help you.
(This is for the auto update)
First, Declare what shellexecute is going to do
[code]
Public Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long
[/code]
Next, you would tell it do go to a location, on the web. If you want it to auto update you must link it directly to where the .zip is. For example -
[code]
ShellExecute Me.hWnd, "open", "http://www.innerz.com/bot.zip", "", "", 5
[/code]
March 25, 2003, 6:12 PM
MrRaza
Topic's about INET have been discussed here before, Click Here to find your anwser. It's not as hard as you think...
March 25, 2003, 8:17 PM
St0rm.iD
Or he could have searched in the first place.
March 26, 2003, 12:21 AM

Search