Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | I have a proposal for those of you frustrated...

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
Are you frustrated by general newbness and refusal to use the forum "search" feature by people who have made less than 100 posts here?

I notice that many seasoned people here will post links to the appropriate topics they find to answer questions that they have come up with by using "search" themselves.

I suggest rather, we find the answer, *but* only post the phrase we used to search. We then direct the person to use the "search" feature, and tell them the phrase to use.

Perhaps that will begin to train them.

If you agree, perhaps we could sticky this somewhere? ;)
August 4, 2004, 7:17 AM
Invert
I consider you a general newbie that posts his ideas here that no one would care about.

Oh and Mr.General Newbie, if you have done a search before you posted you would have known that this forum can only have one sticky topic. Find that sticky topic and read what Grok posted.
August 4, 2004, 4:31 PM
Grok
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=2;threadid=8021;start=0#msg74038 date=1091603845]
Are you frustrated by general newbness and refusal to use the forum "search" feature by people who have made less than 100 posts here?

I notice that many seasoned people here will post links to the appropriate topics they find to answer questions that they have come up with by using "search" themselves.

I suggest rather, we find the answer, *but* only post the phrase we used to search. We then direct the person to use the "search" feature, and tell them the phrase to use.

Perhaps that will begin to train them.

If you agree, perhaps we could sticky this somewhere? ;)
[/quote]

Or --- since there are several "FAQ"s around, we could just respond "RTDFAQ!"?
August 4, 2004, 4:45 PM

Search