Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | Kerry fails to impress Marines.

AuthorMessageTime
Maddox
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040730/i/r3493219289.jpg[/img]

[quote]
Kerry and his vice presidential running mate, John Edwards, were accompanied by both their families, as well as Hollywood heart throb Ben Affleck -- doing a bit of goodwill stumping.

Earlier, their bus convoy pulled over at a Wendy's fast food restaurant for a photo opportunity lunch that provided an awkward moment.

Spotting a group of US Marines, Kerry, who has made his Vietnam War service a cornerstone of his campaign, went over to chat. The Marines, who all turned out to be staunch Bush reporters, were not impressed.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one of them told reporters afterwards. "I'm 100 percent against" Kerry, he said. "We support our commander-in-chief 100 percent."
[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1506&u=/afp/20040730/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_democrats_040730232637&printer=1
August 1, 2004, 12:44 AM
hismajesty
Hah, owned Kerry!
August 1, 2004, 1:58 AM
Eli_1
Holy crap, the guy Kerry is pointing at looks ready to whoop some Kerry ass.

*break dances* Kerry got served!
August 1, 2004, 5:15 AM
iago
"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands"

lmfao, that sounds so pathetic.
August 1, 2004, 5:33 AM
Arta
yup. What a couple of wusses.
August 1, 2004, 6:15 AM
zorm
Its not like he can say "Hey you fucking faggot I don't want to shake your god damn hand now fuck off" to Kerry.
August 1, 2004, 6:36 AM
iago
I am offended that you said "Fuck"! You're imposing your language on me!
August 1, 2004, 7:19 AM
Negotiable
Sounds like people just want to make Kerry look bad :(
August 1, 2004, 8:24 AM
Arta
[quote author=Negotiable link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73587 date=1091348697]
[/quote]

Totally.
August 1, 2004, 9:00 AM
Hitmen
[quote author=Zorm link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73581 date=1091342198]
Its not like he can say "Hey you fucking faggot I don't want to shake your god damn hand now fuck off" to Kerry.
[/quote]
First amendment! I would totally say that if I had the chance, just to see what happened.
August 1, 2004, 9:26 AM
Grok
That marine is a total ass. When you wear the uniform of a US Marine you are supposed to be representing everything that is good about America. You are supposed to have honor and respect, and when you meet a dignitary of any country, especially your own, show some damned respect. Kerry is a United States Senator and completely deserving of the greatest respect by those Marines, whether they are eating or not. I hope their gunnery sergeant tears them a new asshole for being so disrespectful. This has nothing to do with whether they like Bush or Kerry. The man is a US Senator.
August 1, 2004, 9:49 AM
Maddox
And that makes him any more important than any other person? No, I don't think so.
August 1, 2004, 12:14 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73604 date=1091362469]
And that makes him any more important than any other person? No, I don't think so.
[/quote]

Although I dislike Kerry, I do agree with Grok, so why doesn't it make him more inportant than any other person?
August 1, 2004, 12:50 PM
DrivE
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73578 date=1091338418]
"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands"

lmfao, that sounds so pathetic.
[/quote]

I think that it was the Marines trying to put it nicely.

[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73580 date=1091340948]
yup. What a couple of wusses.
[/quote]

You might notice the decarations that those Marines have recieved, do some research on them, and then decide whether or not you still think they are wusses.

[quote author=Negotiable link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73587 date=1091348697]
[/quote]

Thats simply because most military personnell and many ex-military personell dislike Kerry and the Democratic party because of their constant plans to slash military funding and move troops around, even though they phrase it differently.

[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73599 date=1091353790]
That marine is a total ass. When you wear the uniform of a US Marine you are supposed to be representing everything that is good about America. You are supposed to have honor and respect, and when you meet a dignitary of any country, especially your own, show some damned respect. Kerry is a United States Senator and completely deserving of the greatest respect by those Marines, whether they are eating or not. I hope their gunnery sergeant tears them a new asshole for being so disrespectful. This has nothing to do with whether they like Bush or Kerry. The man is a US Senator.
[/quote]

First of all, Grok, you are not and were not a Marine. Navy, yes. Marine, no. Squid. When a Marine says that he supports Bush and dislikes Kerry, it is not slanderous and his is in no way disgracing his uniform. By your measure, a Marine should just be filled with respect and love for anyone and everyone. Nowhere did the Marines mentioned disrespect John Kerry, they voiced political and personal opinion and YOU need to respect that. Just because military personnell voice their opinion for or against a candidate does not make them dishonorable. Respect is never given, it is earned. What has Kerry done that should earn the respect of these Marines? In their minds, he obviously hasn't earned it, and you have no right to tell them that is wrong or that they should change that. I hope that their gunney leaves them alone, because they did NOTHING wrong.

[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73605 date=1091364612]
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=0#msg73604 date=1091362469]
[/quote]

Although I dislike Kerry, I do agree with Grok, so why doesn't it make him more inportant than any other person?
[/quote]

Because the title "Senator" does not make you any more or less deserving of any special treatment or the like.
August 1, 2004, 1:05 PM
hismajesty
[quote]Because the title "Senator" does not make you any more or less deserving of any special treatment or the like. [/quote]

They get tons of special treatment, such as free mail, and being immune from being arrested/fined if they're on their way to vote on something. So, I think having that name does give them special treatment. Everybody isn't equal in this world, deal with it. :P

Edit: By the way, when I first saw the picture I thought he was poking the Marine.
August 1, 2004, 1:59 PM
Grok
Edit: Not even going to bother with you.
August 1, 2004, 2:01 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=7982;start=15#msg73609 date=1091368878]
Edit: Not even going to bother with you.
[/quote]

Me? Why not? I'm always intrested in your political posts as I've learned a lot from them. :-\
August 1, 2004, 2:11 PM

Search