Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Asians invading North America?

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
I am just saying, 80% of my school is asian, they are every in Vancouver. And I have heard the same for Seattle, San Francisco and lots of other places. I think it's gay, that white people are becoming or have already become a minority in their own country.
July 31, 2004, 7:27 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73504 date=1091302029]
I think it's gay, that white people are becoming or have already become a minority in their own country.
[/quote]
Ahhhhhhh I know how you feel, except I'm complaining about indian/pakistani [s]than[/s] not asians.

Edit
July 31, 2004, 7:55 PM
Stealth
They come here because it's better than where they lived previously. What's wrong with that?
July 31, 2004, 8:18 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=Stealth link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73510 date=1091305128]
They come here because it's better than where they lived previously. What's wrong with that?
[/quote]

I agree, you racist bastards!

I like the different ethnicities as long as they are not kill the white boy Mexicans and blacks, or honky tonk white boys.
July 31, 2004, 8:26 PM
St0rm.iD
Illegal immigration needs to stop NOW.

Legal is ok.
July 31, 2004, 9:25 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Stealth link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73510 date=1091305128]
[/quote]

What state do you live in, because there is a 4:1 ratio of asians to whites here, and it's pretty pathetic how racist they get towards white people, but even saying Oriental to them is considered a racist stereotype.

Asian Diss
[quote]
<Asian>Why don't you go have sex with your cousin you fucking redneck.
<White> o.....k......little help teacher?
<Teacher>Asian kid, you sure did well on the last test, how do you do it?
[/quote]

White Diss
[quote]
<White>Go eat some rice
<Asian> TEACHER HE IS BEING RACIST TOWARD ME!!
<Asian> That fucking CRACKER BARREL KKK WHORE IS BEING RACIST TOWARDS ME
<Teacher>How could you say go eat rice to him, BAD WHITE BOY !!
[/quote]

July 31, 2004, 9:26 PM
Arta
What a bunch of crap.
July 31, 2004, 11:26 PM
Grok
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73526 date=1091316381]
What a bunch of crap.
[/quote]

Concur. I believe in open borders. Controlled immigration is elitist and not in the spirit of freedom. How can we say we are the beacon of freedom if people who see the beacon cannot get IN?
August 1, 2004, 12:01 AM
deadly7
I'm FROM asia and I find this topic very displeasing... Do you know how bad India is to live in? I visited it last summer. So much poverty and disease.
August 1, 2004, 12:11 AM
Maddox
[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73533 date=1091318505]
Concur. I believe in open borders. Controlled immigration is elitist and not in the spirit of freedom. How can we say we are the beacon of freedom if people who see the beacon cannot get IN?
[/quote]

They can get in, they just need to do it legally.
August 1, 2004, 12:21 AM
Maddox
Here's my school.

Blue represents Asian...
[img]http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/pielight/90_1_68_1_3_%3C1_%3C1_26_0[/img]
August 1, 2004, 12:28 AM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73540 date=1091319705]
[quote author=Grok link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73533 date=1091318505]
[/quote]

They can get in, they just need to do it legally.
[/quote]

agreed.
August 1, 2004, 2:07 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=deadly7 link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73536 date=1091319083]
I'm FROM asia and I find this topic very displeasing... Do you know how bad India is to live in? I visited it last summer. So much poverty and disease.
[/quote]
Yeah bring one country's unsolvable problems to another country! That'll solve it for sure.
August 1, 2004, 2:10 AM
Stealth
No, it sure as hell hasn't had any impact on our quality of life here. There is certainly a large population of Hmong immigrants here in Madison and elsewhere in Wisconsin, but they're largely good people.

ChR0NiC, Your example with the asian kid and the teacher, where the asian kid did well on the test - so what? If you don't like that Asians tend to do well in school then there's one clear solution: do better than them yourself. Or you could make friends with them and have them help you. Hating them is not going to fix things.

There's no reason to discriminate against someone because of their race. They're just as good a person as you are from the start. A person's actions should determine how they're treated, not their skin color or place of origin.
August 1, 2004, 2:23 AM
Arta
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73542 date=1091320083]
Here's my school.

Blue represents Asian...
[img]http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/pielight/90_1_68_1_3_%3C1_%3C1_26_0[/img]
[/quote]

So what?
August 1, 2004, 2:34 AM
K
[quote author=Stealth link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73552 date=1091327013]
No, it sure as hell hasn't had any impact on our quality of life here. There is certainly a large population of Hmong immigrants here in Madison and elsewhere in Wisconsin, but they're largely good people.

ChR0NiC, Your example with the asian kid and the teacher, where the asian kid did well on the test - so what? If you don't like that Asians tend to do well in school then there's one clear solution: do better than them yourself. Or you could make friends with them and have them help you. Hating them is not going to fix things.

There's no reason to discriminate against someone because of their race. They're just as good a person as you are from the start. A person's actions should determine how they're treated, not their skin color or place of origin.
[/quote]
Hear hear.

It's what our country was founded on; this is a place for people to come in search of a better life.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Especially since everyone in this country's ancestors all came from somewhere else. Unless you're a native american. Then you can bitch about having other races over run your civilization. ::)
August 1, 2004, 2:34 AM
Newby
Should be legally, Southern California is so full of illegal mexicans it's not even funny. :(
August 1, 2004, 2:44 AM
LW-Falcon
I live in Houston so there are alot of Asians but they're cool. :)
August 1, 2004, 2:55 AM
crashtestdummy
Legally is a funny term involvoing immigration. Like K said no race is really from america except the Native Americans so everyone else is an illegal immigrant and should go back where they come from if you look at it that way.
August 1, 2004, 3:19 AM
Maddox
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73555 date=1091327673]
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73542 date=1091320083]
Here's my school.

Blue represents Asian...
[/quote]

So what?
[/quote]

I'm a minority by being white.
August 1, 2004, 4:28 AM
Zakath
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73570 date=1091334493]
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73555 date=1091327673]
Here's my school.

Blue represents Asian...
[/quote]

So what?
[/quote]

[/quote]

So what's your point?
August 1, 2004, 4:34 AM
Maddox
[quote author=Zakath link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73571 date=1091334875]
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73570 date=1091334493]
Here's my school.

Blue represents Asian...
[/quote]

So what?
[/quote]

[/quote]

So what's your point?
[/quote]

I didn't know I needed one.
August 1, 2004, 4:36 AM
Arta
You do.
August 1, 2004, 5:07 AM
Eli_1
That graph looks like my school. Only the blue here represents Puerto Ricans (spelling?) that hate white people.

iPuerto Rico es numero uno!
- According to the bathroom walls, anyway.
August 1, 2004, 5:09 AM
Arta
What the hell is wrong with that? Americans proclaim the magnificence of the USA all the time (most irritatingly)
August 1, 2004, 6:14 AM
Maddox
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73579 date=1091340886]
What the hell is wrong with that? Americans proclaim the magnificence of the USA all the time (most irritatingly)
[/quote]

Need to even out the diversity.
August 1, 2004, 7:19 AM
Stealth
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73579 date=1091340886]
[/quote]

Clearly with all this immigration, so much that ChR0NiC complains about it ( ;) ), we're doing something right.
August 1, 2004, 8:25 AM
Negotiable
In highschool, I think there were maybe 5 asians in my school.

But I have nothing against people of any color (white or whatever) so long as they respect me and aren't causing any problems.
August 1, 2004, 8:30 AM
Arta
[quote author=Maddox link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73584 date=1091344779]
[/quote]

Need to even out the diversity.
[/quote]

"even out the diversity" is practically a contradiction in terms. Why is it of any consequence if there are more people of one ethnic group in a school than another? Why is it any worse in your opinion for asian people to be in the majority rather than white people? What difference does it make?

If everyone treats everyone else with respect it should not be an issue, and if they don't, then it's lack of respect that's the problem, not racial group, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.
August 1, 2004, 8:59 AM
Eli_1
That's the point though, Arta. Everyone _doesn't_ treat everyone else with respect. Have you been in a highschool recently where you're surrounded by Mexicans? You get treated with everything but respect. They also seem to make it quite clear they don't want to be in the US to begin with. :-\
August 1, 2004, 5:03 PM
K
So now you know what it feels like to be a minority? In a lot of schools, counties, cities, etc. that are predominantly white, and even some that aren't, the same sort of behavior goes on towards black, hispanic, etc. minorities.

I'm not saying they're right for treating you poorly, but can you expect them to treat you better than they've been treated?
August 1, 2004, 5:21 PM
Negotiable
It seems to me that the people of different ethnic groups have an American attitude. In Canada, we don't even differentiate between white and non-white people. When I talk to people, or have friends, colour doesn't even come into play. But tolerance and kindness is more of a Canadian attitude.
August 1, 2004, 5:48 PM
j0k3r
[quote author=Negotiable link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=30#msg73636 date=1091382495]
It seems to me that the people of different ethnic groups have an American attitude. In Canada, we don't even differentiate between white and non-white people. When I talk to people, or have friends, colour doesn't even come into play. But tolerance and kindness is more of a Canadian attitude.
[/quote]
Yes, I find that one on one with people it doesn't matter what race they are, they are easy to deal with. It's when you get a power hungry minority that becomes the majority where the problem occurs (sorry, really bad sentence). 5 years ago, my school was 90% white italians, a racist group albeit but nothing really happened (fights etc). This past year there was maybe a 10% white italian population, and 25% white population in my school. What did I notice about the ethnic groups (races do hang out together)? (Speaking in general) The blacks stand around the main hallway talking like morons and thinking they're too good for classes, browns form smelly little cliques that sit around the side halls, and asians go outside to talk and smoke. The white people generally hung out in the cafeteria/classrooms talking/doing work. Of course, there were exceptions to all these. When different ethinicities move into a new area, it's not like nothing is going to change, alot changes, so it is a big deal.

I for one somewhat enjoyed being in the minority, as you get to represent more what your culture is like. I also enjoyed the standoffs which occured a few times because you could distinctly identify the (uh, stronger?) white males standing on their side.
August 1, 2004, 6:01 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Stealth link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=0#msg73552 date=1091327013]

[/quote]

I am not complaining because they do well on tests, I am saying even the teachers make byased decisions when it comes to which kid they will help out if they are being bullied by others. An asian who gets bullied is almost sent to court, where as a white being bullied by a group of asians in a simple two day suspension IF THAT. The whole education system still seems to think white is a majority and we are treated as if we are complete asshole and it's time for payback from these asian people. Why is this?
August 1, 2004, 6:19 PM
Arta
[quote author=Eli_1 link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73623 date=1091379781]
That's the point though, Arta. Everyone _doesn't_ treat everyone else with respect. Have you been in a highschool recently where you're surrounded by Mexicans? You get treated with everything but respect. They also seem to make it quite clear they don't want to be in the US to begin with. :-\
[/quote]

Sure - but I don't accept your premise. It assumes that all Mexian people are disrespectful. The problem is that these particular (probably young, adolescant) Mexians are disrespectful. That disrespect has nothing to do with their race. It may have something to do with their socioeconomic background, or their age, but those things are influences on all people.

Race just isn't ever an issue if you look at a situation logically - it's just a really convinient label for people who can't be bothered (or just can't) look at a situation and think about it in detail .
August 1, 2004, 6:49 PM
Arta
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=30#msg73643 date=1091384348]
I am not complaining because they do well on tests, I am saying even the teachers make byased decisions when it comes to which kid they will help out if they are being bullied by others. An asian who gets bullied is almost sent to court, where as a white being bullied by a group of asians in a simple two day suspension IF THAT. The whole education system still seems to think white is a majority and we are treated as if we are complete asshole and it's time for payback from these asian people. Why is this?
[/quote]

I doubt that much of that is really true, most stories like that are built from misconceptions, but let's assume for the sake of the argument that your factual statements are in fact the case.

If a bias does exist in the system towards a particular race, I agree that that's bad. It is not, however, justification for dislike of that race or hostility towards people of that race. If the bias you mention is present, and you care this much about it, you should look into it. Ask for the records of suspensions and other disciplinary procedures. Get numbers. Really look into it and do your research. Make sure that your assumptions & conclusions are not themselves biased by your experiences. If you find something, take it to the school board.

Prejudice towads white people is just as bad as any other kind, although it can happen when people with the right idea do the wrong thing (so-called positive discrimination, which I think is dispicable). My point is, you've started out with some facts, but instead of deriving a logical conclusion from them, you've started talking about assholes and payback, which just makes you look prejudiced yourself.
August 1, 2004, 6:59 PM
crashtestdummy
[quote]That's the point though, Arta. Everyone _doesn't_ treat everyone else with respect. Have you been in a highschool recently where you're surrounded by Mexicans? You get treated with everything but respect. They also seem to make it quite clear they don't want to be in the US to begin with. [/quote]
I thought they were Puerto Rican. Maybe that's why you think you are getting treated with disrespect. If you're surrounded by a group of people that you don't know about maybe you should study a little bit about them. Maybe one of these Puerto Rican people heard you refer to them as a mexican. It's kind of like Asian people don't like to be refered to as oriental.
August 1, 2004, 11:13 PM
idoL
Honostly, not being rascist but there is too many hispanics here in Michigan, more then whites almost.
August 3, 2004, 8:03 AM
idoL
[quote author=Eli_1 link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=15#msg73623 date=1091379781]
[/quote]

That's whats it is here. would you not think if they come to this country for a better life then they should'nt be rascist? I don't see alot of white people proclaiming superiorty over anyone, just look at these messages, most people here live with and respect other races, but when hispanics come here and push thier wieght around, get free money/health care/welfare while we pay for it, the least they could do is be respectfull.
August 3, 2004, 8:11 AM
Arta
Isn't that more to do with being poor than being hispanic? What about poor white people? Do you feel the same way towards them? I still think the disrespect is the issue. The race is irrelevant.
August 3, 2004, 8:16 AM
idoL
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=30#msg73852 date=1091520977]
Isn't that more to do with being poor than being hispanic? What about poor white people? Do you feel the same way towards them? I still think the disrespect is the issue. The race is irrelevant.
[/quote]

Just about every hispanic here is supported on welfare/healthcare etc when they are doing fine, it's bullshit I am sorry. I can provide examples too.
I am not rascist, I do not approve of poor white people doing this either but the majority of it is mexicans.
August 3, 2004, 1:59 PM
Arta
So what if most of them are mexican? It's not because they're mexican...
August 3, 2004, 3:04 PM
Eli_1
Arta's right, respect is the issue. :-\
August 3, 2004, 4:59 PM
crashtestdummy
It's funny how you say most of them are on welfare. How do you know this? And we have the worst healthcare system out of most of the civilized countries in the world. I may be wrong someone please correct me if I am. It's almost impossible to get free healthcare even if you are a low income American citizen.
August 4, 2004, 2:06 AM
Hitmen
Maybe if we took the money that we absolutely waste on welfare we could give everyone cheap or free healthcare. Would $5 trillion cover it?
August 4, 2004, 2:28 AM
crashtestdummy
Yeah money that's wasted on single mothers who get left by the dead beat dads and the money for disabled people who can't work. I have a better idea. How about we quit building missles to bomb a country thousands of miles away and take care of our own people.
August 4, 2004, 5:35 AM
Hitmen
Yeah, I'm sure it's all going to single mothers. No lazy bastards that don't want to work would ever take advantage of the system.
August 4, 2004, 6:30 AM
crashtestdummy
Have you ever tryed to get on welfare or know anyone who tried to get on it. Or the same with disability. I'm a pipeliner and I work with a lot of older guys out there.
One guy is Pud he's a 60 year old man with rheumatoid arthritis. He [u]needs[/u] to be on disability. The man has to cut off his tshirt at the end of the night because he can't lift his arms over his head. My late father-in-law had heart problems and they told him he had to be out of work for two years to get disability. So, he had to work his ass off everyday of the week after he busted his ass most of his life. He died two months ago. His wife is left with a house with a half paid mortgage and a child to take care of and there's no help for her from the government. O except for the $180 a month for food. Try feeding a kid on $180 a month.
August 4, 2004, 7:16 AM
SNiFFeR
Money is always an issue, just get over it. It's not like you can really do anything about it anyways. The white race is becoming more of a minority, if you don't like it then leave. This country was formed so people from "3rd world countries" could actually make it and not be in such poverty as they are in their countries.
August 4, 2004, 9:54 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=SNiFFeR link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=45#msg74042 date=1091613275]
This country was formed so people from "3rd world countries" could actually make it and not be in such poverty as they are in their countries.
[/quote]
Actually I believe it was formed by the british/europian colonies for their expansion of "1st world countries".
August 4, 2004, 4:54 PM
Arta
[quote author=Hitmen link=board=2;threadid=7979;start=30#msg73988 date=1091586538]
Maybe if we took the money that we absolutely waste on welfare we could give everyone cheap or free healthcare. Would $5 trillion cover it?
[/quote]

My God. You need to shut up. You're either a heartless miser with no compassion at all or someone who is SERIOUSLY naive about the reality of life for people without money and/or qualifications.

We have free healthcare and social security and we manage to pay for it.

Does someone know offhand what the percentages are for tax brackets in the US? Do you have local taxes? How do they work?
August 4, 2004, 5:53 PM
crashtestdummy
here's something for federal taxes. State taxes vary from state to state. Then most places have a local sales tax which ranges from 5-10% I believe.
http://www.savewealth.com/taxes/rates/single/
August 4, 2004, 10:22 PM

Search