Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | Amazingly Beautiful

AuthorMessageTime
Tasha
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/sandsicaf.wmv

I just found that video about an hour ago and just watched it now, and I was at a loss for words, it's beautiful, amazing, very cool and hard to describe so yeah. Turn off the lights and turn the sound up, it's so beautiful :D
July 30, 2004, 4:51 PM
Grok
You are kidding right? As far as sand art, he's on preschool level. Have you seen the sand art created by the Tibetan monks?
July 30, 2004, 5:33 PM
Tasha
No but i'm sure you have. Whether you like it or not, it's amazing and more than you could ever wish of doing.
July 30, 2004, 5:47 PM
Soul Taker
That link has been in my AIM profile forever. Oh yea, you hide from me on AIM!! :P
July 30, 2004, 6:12 PM
Tasha
I don't hide from you I just don't feel like talking -.-
July 30, 2004, 6:30 PM
Hitmen
After a google search and seeing this, I'm going to have to agree with grok, heh.
July 30, 2004, 7:37 PM
Adron
I don't think the monks create ten drawings in ten minutes :P
July 30, 2004, 8:00 PM
Tasha
Seriously, it takes them like a couple weeks to finish one thing while that guy made amazing drawings in less than a couple seconds
July 30, 2004, 8:48 PM
Grok
Not even drawings, they are silouhettes. This is one of those situations where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies! Glad you like it. I'm not impressed.
July 30, 2004, 9:45 PM
Tuberload
I am impressed by how fast he works moving from picture to picture.

Addition: As far as it being pre-school level, I think it is a little beyond that...
July 30, 2004, 9:48 PM
DrivE
[quote author=Grok link=board=4;threadid=7968;start=0#msg73383 date=1091208825]
You are kidding right? As far as sand art, he's on preschool level. Have you seen the sand art created by the Tibetan monks?
[/quote]

Those guys rule. Monks rule.
July 30, 2004, 10:52 PM
Adron
[quote author=Grok link=board=4;threadid=7968;start=0#msg73404 date=1091223935]
Not even drawings, they are silouhettes. This is one of those situations where "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies! Glad you like it. I'm not impressed.
[/quote]

I'm impressed because of his improvisational capabilities - something is bound to go not exactly as expected when you're working with sand in that inexact way, and he pulls off a nice show for that audience.

The monks are doing precision work, but not as creative. They invest a lot of time into it, and it's very detailed and exact, but it's just not as "alive". It looks like cross-stitch.

July 31, 2004, 10:57 AM
jigsaw
Grok Ive seen the Monks work in Grass Valley near my house with my 50 year old hippie pool cleaner friend.. it was amazing.
July 31, 2004, 5:31 PM

Search