Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | .NET Platform | VWD Express Web Server

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
The webserver that is included with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Beta that is used for debugging asp.net websites and the like, by default, makes the folder/contents forbidden when somebody outside of localhost trys to access it. I'd like to use this as a regular server, but it's kind of pointless if I can't make the folders contents viewable. Does anybody know how I would do that? If so, please tell me. :)

Edit: Also, is there a way to set a static port? It changes the port every time I restart the program.
July 29, 2004, 1:14 AM
St0rm.iD
Probably have to hax0r it. Search for ILDASM
July 29, 2004, 2:53 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=37;threadid=7943;start=0#msg73163 date=1091063697]
The webserver that is included with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Beta that is used for debugging asp.net websites and the like, by default, makes the folder/contents forbidden when somebody outside of localhost trys to access it. I'd like to use this as a regular server, but it's kind of pointless if I can't make the folders contents viewable. Does anybody know how I would do that? If so, please tell me. :)

Edit: Also, is there a way to set a static port? It changes the port every time I restart the program.
[/quote]

It's pretty much Cassini Web Server.

You can download it @ www.asp.net.

You'll probably have to change the project settings to work with ASP.NET 2.0 (specifically, you'll have to get VC# Express 2005) and recompile it for 2.0. There's a way to not turn away other sites, and Cassini binds to a specific port IIRC.

Or maybe you could get a real server like IIS. :-P
July 29, 2004, 4:58 AM

Search