Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Possible new icon?

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
Well in the channel "24423LKN" there was apparently some sort of Fan Site Chat that took place, and some wise ass deciding to load the channel. So the user "GilS.PR@Blizzard" logged off, and logged back on with a red blizzard icon and banned the whole load, then logged off and came back with a blue icon. Any clue what this red icon is and possibly what flags it has? Unfortunately I was unable to see it in person but I have a SS here from a friend.

[img]http://www21.brinkster.com/turbonetworkz/newicon.JPG[/img]

[quote]
[6:07:35 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Well, we'd like to thank everyone for attending the latest World of Warcraft Fan Site Chat. We hope we addressed all the questions that must have been plaguing your collective minds.[/quote]

During this fan site chat, the GilS.PR user asked the two speakers questions about the World of Warcraft additions.

[quote]
[5:53:39 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Are you still going to be adding testers to the current Beta Test?

[5:53:52 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> Yes, we will continue to add new phases of testers as server capacity permits.

[5:54:10 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> However, we don't have an ETA on when the next round of tersters will be added.

[5:54:19 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> We'll be sure to announce further details as we have them.

[5:55:49 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Is it the plan for all characters to be able to solo equally well, or will certain classes, such as the Warlock and the Hunter, be more suited for this style of playing?

[5:55:53 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> We intend for every class to be able to advance through solo-play. However, it is possible that some classes will solo more effectively than other classes.

[5:57:29 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Are guilds able to submit their own tabard designs?

[5:59:05 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> We do not currently have any plans to add the ability for Guilds/Players to submit their own Tabard designs.

[5:59:25 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> However, we did ask our fans to submit Tabard design suggestions. As a result, we now have over 200 Tabard choices available with the possibility of us continuing to add more choices later.

[5:59:58 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> What can you tell us about Hero Classes?

[6:02:45 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> Hero Classes: After achieving the maximum level in the game, players will be able try to become a Hero Class.

[6:03:00 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> Becoming a Hero will be very difficult and arduous, since you can only become a Hero until after maximum level, we do not plan to implement Hero Classes until after all of the game content is completed.

[6:03:58 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Time's about up, so this will be the last question:

[6:05:37 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Will there be any world events that are scripted like a larger scale Stitches quest in the beta or in retail?

[6:06:56 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> Yes! We plan on having many world events in the game. One of the more epic quests that we plan to include before the end of Beta is the opening of the raid zone, Ahn'Qiraj.

[6:07:15 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> During this event, a large number of players will need to ban together to challenge the defenders of the city.

[6:07:29 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> The event will take several hours and will involve the entire zone of Silithus.

[6:07:35 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> Well, we'd like to thank everyone for attending the latest World of Warcraft Fan Site Chat. We hope we addressed all the questions that must have been plaguing your collective minds.

[6:07:45 PM] <*Katricia@Azeroth> Thanks all :)

[6:07:55 PM] <*GilS.PR@Blizzard> That's it folks. You all don't have to go home, but... we do! G'nite.
[/quote]

Unfortunately I was quite late getting there, so...I didn't catch too much.
July 27, 2004, 1:26 AM
Hitmen
My guess would be blizzard north. Their logo is red.
July 27, 2004, 1:34 AM
Spht
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=7904;start=0#msg72777 date=1090891619]Unfortunately I was quite late getting there, so...I didn't catch too much.[/quote]

They usually post transcripts later. It's just questions for Blizzard fan sites...
July 27, 2004, 1:36 AM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Spht link=board=17;threadid=7904;start=0#msg72780 date=1090892202]
[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=7904;start=0#msg72777 date=1090891619]Unfortunately I was quite late getting there, so...I didn't catch too much.[/quote]

They usually post transcripts later. It's just questions for Blizzard fan sites...
[/quote]

Where are these transcripts posted?
July 27, 2004, 1:38 AM
Hitmen
www.battle.net
July 27, 2004, 2:00 AM
UserLoser.
Were you on a Blizzard client or a bot which didn't support icons.bni? My guess, is speaker icon and the bot you were using didn't support it.
July 27, 2004, 2:13 AM
Newby
[quote author=UserLoser. link=board=17;threadid=7904;start=0#msg72786 date=1090894423]
Were you on a Blizzard client or a bot which didn't support icons.bni? My guess, is speaker icon and the bot you were using didn't support it.
[/quote]
No, he linked to a picture but it didn't show it.

http://www21.brinkster.com/turbonetworkz/newicon.JPG
July 27, 2004, 2:20 AM
UserLoser.
post your bncache.dat somewhere so someone can recreate a bni file and see if there were any changes
July 27, 2004, 2:30 AM
Maddox
I've seen that in icons.bni before, it's not new.
July 27, 2004, 3:12 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Maddox link=board=17;threadid=7904;start=0#msg72801 date=1090897926]
[/quote]

Have it? I've never seen it.
July 27, 2004, 3:52 AM
LW-Falcon
So there are 2 icons for Blizzard reps?
July 27, 2004, 4:31 AM
ChR0NiC
Well, I was unfortunately on my bot only, and at the time I was on, this red icon was not present for me or the people with clients, so I missed it, I was hoping I could catch it to see what it's flags were. I'm kind of disappointed I missed it.

[quote author=Maddox link=board=17;threadid=7904;start=0#msg72801 date=1090897926]
[/quote]

Perhaps you could inform me of the flags oh mighty Maddox?
July 27, 2004, 5:20 AM

Search