Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Min & Max button

AuthorMessageTime
Twitch
i need help.. how do i take off the max button on my main form and alter the min button so it works with the sysTray event

sorry im a newb :\
July 26, 2004, 4:24 AM
Newby
I suggest you learn Visual Basic before you try and mess with API calls.

EDIT --

[code]Form.MaxButton = False ' If you couldn't figure it out from the Form.MaxButton = True example I showed you earlier[/code]
July 26, 2004, 4:35 AM
UserLoser.
[code]
Private Sub Form_Load()
MaxButton = True
End Sub
[/code]

[quote]
Compile error:

Function or interface marked as restricted, or the function uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic
[/quote]

Perhaps you should learn Visual Basic before you try and mess with object properties.
July 26, 2004, 4:39 AM
Twitch
maybe i dont have the time.. and i just want to fool around with csb for a lil while..

and maybe i just want one of you to tell me how i can do it.. is that so much to ask ?

btw this doesnt work (along with Form1.maxbutton = false)
[code]
Private Sub Form_Load()
MaxButton = True
End Sub
[/code]
July 26, 2004, 4:55 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Twitch link=board=5;threadid=7895;start=0#msg72608 date=1090817741]
maybe i dont have the time.. and i just want to fool around with csb for a lil while..

and maybe i just want one of you to tell me how i can do it.. is that so much to ask ?

btw this doesnt work (along with Form1.maxbutton = false)
[code]
Private Sub Form_Load()
MaxButton = True
End Sub
[/code]

[/quote]

You can only set MaxButton to true or false in the form properties dialog. You cannot change it at runtime. My reply was showing Newby that his method will not work.
July 26, 2004, 4:59 AM
Twitch
ohh my god.. i feel like such a idiot right now lol..
i see it in the properties

thanks userLoser. and i apologize for my incompetence

p.s. im gonna start getting into vb a lot more so dont worry about me bugging you guys anymore ;)
July 26, 2004, 5:06 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=Twitch link=board=5;threadid=7895;start=0#msg72608 date=1090817741]
[/quote]
You don't have time to do a 10second google search but you have time to register for a forum, post, wait a couple hours, and then retrieve a response?

Anyways, good luck with your endeavours, and remember, Google is your best friend.
July 26, 2004, 12:04 PM

Search