Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Whsiper Flood Limit

AuthorMessageTime
Luxer
I am trying to devlop a bot the "attack" a user. A.K.A /msg USER %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% alot. I find myself being IPbaned. ALOT. I am sending the message two times, waiting (10 seconds) then doing it again. I find myself IPbaned before the wait period begins.
July 25, 2004, 6:57 PM
ChR0NiC
So you are being disconnected for flooding after the second spam of the first phase of spamming??
July 25, 2004, 7:36 PM
EviL_MarinE
Hey, your problem is

You are either sending a BIG spam, and you need to wait even longer

so its like this

Big Spam: /w EviL_Marine Suck Ass Newbie <Then long spam> (Was edit, page fked up)

Will easily get you ipbanned if you say it twice each 10 seconds

As if i did

Little Spam: /w EviL_MarinE Suck Ass Newbie <Short Spam> (Was edit, page fked up)

The maybe you could wait only 10 seconds

so remember, bigger the spam, more you have to wait
i think that will solve your problem
July 25, 2004, 7:37 PM
Stealth
Here's a tip:

If you don't want to get ipbanned (note the number of N's in that word), how about you don't make your bot spam?

The last thing Battle.net needs is a poorly-written whisper-based "ATTACK" bot. Get a life, job, girlfriend, SOMETHING to occupy your time. Making Battle.net a more annoying place to be for the people who aren't able to figure out how to /ignore your stupid whisper flooding is not something you need to do.
July 25, 2004, 9:32 PM
ChR0NiC
[quote author=Stealth link=board=17;threadid=7882;start=0#msg72505 date=1090791145]
Here's a tip:

If you don't want to get ipbanned (note the number of N's in that word), how about you don't make your bot spam?

The last thing Battle.net needs is a poorly-written whisper-based "ATTACK" bot. Get a life, job, girlfriend, SOMETHING to occupy your time. Making Battle.net a more annoying place to be for the people who aren't able to figure out how to /ignore your stupid whisper flooding is not something you need to do.
[/quote]

I don't think ANYONE could have said it any better than that. :o
July 25, 2004, 9:59 PM
The-FooL
Ive been whisper-flooded by bots when I'm beating someone in solo. /dnd owns their lame little floods.
July 25, 2004, 10:33 PM

Search