Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | Selling a site?

AuthorMessageTime
Forged
Where is a good place to put your site up for sell? Are there any forums or anything that let you advertise you selling your site? You need a credit card for ebay and I don't have one and don't want to have to borrow a friends if it isn't necisarry.
July 23, 2004, 7:25 PM
peofeoknight
selling a domain or selling a template or what. Do you mean the sale of it all, like the files, space, domain, everything, the whole working site?
July 24, 2004, 3:38 AM
Forged
The domain, database, working copy of vbulletin, and I guess I could sell the licence but I would really prefer not to. However I am selling the site because I can't afford a new host so the server isn't coming with it.
July 24, 2004, 4:16 AM
j0k3r
[quote author=Forged link=board=22;threadid=7839;start=0#msg72154 date=1090642599]
The domain, database, working copy of vbulletin, and I guess I could sell the licence but I would really prefer not to. However I am selling the site because I can't afford a new host so the server isn't coming with it.
[/quote]
Nobody would really be interested in your database or files unless they were trying to collect personal information on you. The domain won't be worth much either I don't think.
July 24, 2004, 4:21 PM
Forged
the site has 4500, members and a realtivlly active forum and around 4k hits a day, I don't think it would be that hard to sell. However one of the other site admins decided to host it for us so I really don't need to sell it anymore.
July 24, 2004, 6:00 PM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Forged link=board=22;threadid=7839;start=0#msg72228 date=1090692032]
the site has 4500, members and a realtivlly active forum and around 4k hits a day, I don't think it would be that hard to sell. However one of the other site admins decided to host it for us so I really don't need to sell it anymore.
[/quote] Well then the only people who would want to buy It I think are those who want to put ads all over it to try to make a few bucks :(
July 25, 2004, 3:17 AM

Search