Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Win2k3 Woes

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
I can't get my network card to install!

I'm relatively certain I'll be able to install my USB wireless card. But my Ethernet controller -- nope!

Linksys LNE100TX version 4. Supported with a driver that shipped with Windows XP.

However, when I popped in my MSDN operating systems DVD and told it to look in the WinXP folders, it came up with nada.

When I downloaded the drivers from the Linksys website (the newest driver available was Win2k), and put it on there, nothing. :(
July 23, 2004, 2:41 AM
Sargera
If you're trying to install it on another operating system other than Windows XP (persumably Windows Server 2003) then there's a chance the driver won't install correctly...Most drivers however, for NT 5.0+ will be supported accross operating systems. Does Windows detect your Ethernet controller (control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager; and do you see a yellow question mark to your ethernet controller?)?
July 23, 2004, 4:16 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Sargera link=board=2;threadid=7831;start=0#msg71999 date=1090556169]
If you're trying to install it on another operating system other than Windows XP (persumably Windows Server 2003) then there's a chance the driver won't install correctly...Most drivers however, for NT 5.0+ will be supported accross operating systems. Does Windows detect your Ethernet controller (control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager; and do you see a yellow question mark to your ethernet controller?)?
[/quote]

Yes.

I choose to "Reinstall Driver" from the properties dialog. I walk it through -- no automatic detection, so I tell it to manually search the entire MSDN DVD, or I'll point it at specific places. When I had the disk, I told it to scan the \Win2000 folder. Turned up nothing.

Fortunately, though, like I said, I use wireless at home. :)
July 23, 2004, 9:18 AM

Search