Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Fake IP

AuthorMessageTime
Luxer
Is there a way to tell battle.net that you have a differnt IP Address then it really is? (Going though a router)
July 18, 2004, 8:32 PM
Twix
proxies
July 18, 2004, 8:34 PM
Luxer
COuld you be more spesific?
July 18, 2004, 10:18 PM
LoRd
[quote author=Luxer link=board=17;threadid=7758;start=0#msg71207 date=1090189095]
COuld you be more spesific?
[/quote]

SOCKS proxies.
July 18, 2004, 10:34 PM
UserLoser.
Hack/modify/patch winsock
July 19, 2004, 12:31 AM
iago
It's easy to lie about your ip. It's like writing the wrong return address on your mail. Just don't expect a reply from the server :)
July 19, 2004, 1:34 AM
Twix
If u look at the stmp server the never even send anything back to varifty the ip
July 19, 2004, 1:38 AM
iago
[quote author=Twix link=board=17;threadid=7758;start=0#msg71247 date=1090201108]
If u look at the stmp server the never even send anything back to varifty the ip
[/quote]

huh? I have no idea what that is or means, but how do you _not_ send something back? Unless it's udp ("fire and forget"), you need a response.
July 19, 2004, 3:18 AM
tA-Kane
Sending a fake IP when connecting would only generate a mirrored-syn-flood-type of attack (aka mirrored denial of service), though if you try to connect only once, it's more like a fluke of nature than an attack, since nearly zero damage is done to anything.

The only way to "fake" the IP address you're connecting from and be able to use the connection would be to "bounce" it. That is, you connect to some other IP address, and tell that IP address to connect to Battle.net.

One of the easiest bouncer protocols to use are SOCKS 4 and SOCKS 5.

Use google for referencing.
July 19, 2004, 6:01 AM
Soul Taker
As others have said, without bouncing your connection through another host, you can't actually use the connection for anything productive. Just to clarify why, if you tell a server you are using a fake IP, the server will respond and send all data to said fake IP. This makes it impossible for you to get that data unless the data is being routed to you by a middle-man.
July 19, 2004, 6:29 AM
iago
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=17;threadid=7758;start=0#msg71272 date=1090216887]
Sending a fake IP when connecting would only generate a mirrored-syn-flood-type of attack (aka mirrored denial of service), though if you try to connect only once, it's more like a fluke of nature than an attack, since nearly zero damage is done to anything.
[/quote]

It wouldn't even do that, since the server would send SYN/ACK to the fake ip, and the fake ip wouldn't know what to do with it so it would get ignored.
July 19, 2004, 12:13 PM
c0ol
you can mirror the packets to a host that you can spy on. This is however impractical unless you have some control over an internet router or some such of that nature.
July 20, 2004, 9:34 PM
idoL
But isn't it like spoofing your IP? You can still connect to things but under a different IP?
July 22, 2004, 9:38 PM
iago
[quote author=Snake link=board=17;threadid=7758;start=0#msg71931 date=1090532321]
But isn't it like spoofing your IP? You can still connect to things but under a different IP?
[/quote]

You can't spoof your ip. If you did, how would a server know where to send the data back to? The best you can do is have an intermediate server that you send stuff to and it forwards the stuff.
July 22, 2004, 10:42 PM
Zakath
Use the postal service analogy. If I write the wrong return address on a letter, any responses to said letter will be sent to that address rather than my own. Unless whoever receives mail at that address knows to forward that mail to me, I will never get it. That is, in essence, what connecting via a proxy accomplishes.
July 23, 2004, 2:41 AM
iago
[quote author=Zakath link=board=17;threadid=7758;start=0#msg71982 date=1090550508]
Use the postal service analogy. If I write the wrong return address on a letter, any responses to said letter will be sent to that address rather than my own. Unless whoever receives mail at that address knows to forward that mail to me, I will never get it. That is, in essence, what connecting via a proxy accomplishes.
[/quote]

I already used that analogy in this thread, but you extended it a bit :)
July 23, 2004, 2:55 AM
iago
I was thinking, he (or whoever) might be thinking that the internet is like the phonelines and caller id. Caller id is (optionally) sent from the outgoing phone, and a switched 2-way connection is automatically established without using the caller id info. Which makes it easy to spoof caller id. But on the Internet, you need to send your ip to the other person so they know where to send data back to, because you never get a direct line.
July 23, 2004, 12:17 PM

Search