Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Doom3 goes gold

AuthorMessageTime
Hitmen
!!!!

Well, I've been meaning to upgrade a few parts anyways...
July 14, 2004, 6:54 PM
Twix
When is doom 3 getting realsed
July 14, 2004, 7:37 PM
warz
It says in that article, lazy ass.
July 14, 2004, 8:06 PM
Twix
dident see the link no need to be a dick head
July 14, 2004, 8:08 PM
warz
whatever, cock face.
July 14, 2004, 8:11 PM
Newby
Doom 3 countdown has begun!

(It comes out August 5th retail in all stores, but they gave the thumbs up for August 3rd -.^)
July 15, 2004, 8:20 PM
KoRRuPT
Blah, I'm not a doom fan.
July 15, 2004, 8:34 PM
Tuberload
[quote author=Akamas link=board=3;threadid=7702;start=0#msg70599 date=1089923699]
Blah, I'm not a doom fan.
[/quote]

Doom was an excellent FPS for it's time IMO. This new version looks insane. I will have to get it for console though because I can not afford the upgrades required to run it. >:(
July 15, 2004, 8:42 PM
KoRRuPT
Well, I guess I do remember way back, when it first came out. I loved it but the competition is too great now and the idea of "doom: 3" just dosen't excite me.
July 15, 2004, 8:44 PM
fire.bat
I think that they have waited way to long to bring out a sequel to the game. Anyhow a new game is a new game we will see if it is any good.
July 18, 2004, 1:05 AM
Soul Taker
[quote author=fire.bat link=board=3;threadid=7702;start=0#msg71016 date=1090112751]
I think that they have waited way to long to bring out a sequel to the game. Anyhow a new game is a new game we will see if it is any good.
[/quote]
The huge gap is what excites me about Doom 3. It's been like a decade since a real new Doom game, and now one that has incredible technology behind it can come out and remind you why you loved these games when you were growing up (for some of us anyway).
July 19, 2004, 6:32 AM
Thing
I am more looking forward to the release of this badass game.
July 19, 2004, 11:07 PM
crashtestdummy
Found this http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html but where's the bunny algerbra?
July 19, 2004, 11:21 PM
K
The Doom 3 Installer told me it didn't like my OS (Server 2003), so I found this. Thought it might be helpful since I know some other people here use Server 2k3 as their desktop.

[code]
'Fixes Doom 3.msi file and allows it to install to Windows 2003 and allows you to run the MSI file directly.
'by darkgamorck aka gamorck. Remember the MSI file must NOT be opened by any process while this code is running.

'To execute this code save it into a VBS file. And drag the Doom 3.msi file onto it. This will produce a nice new
'MSI file that enables you to install it anywhere (even on win9x in theory). How you install with this MSI file is
'your own problem. You can reburn a new CD replacing the old MSI file with this new one. Or you can run setup.exe /A
'and administratively copy all of the files to some directly - replace the resulting MSI file in that directory and then
'execute setup that way. Whatever way works for you works for me.

'Cheers.

Option Explicit

Const msiOpenDatabaseModeReadOnly = 0
Const msiOpenDatabaseModeTransact = 1

Dim argNum, argCount:argCount = Wscript.Arguments.Count
If (argCount < 1) Then
Wscript.Echo "Please supply the name of the msi file to be modified."
Wscript.Quit 1
End If

' Scan arguments for valid SQL keyword and to determine if any update operations
Dim openMode : openMode = msiOpenDatabaseModeReadOnly
openMode = msiOpenDatabaseModeTransact

' Connect to Windows installer object
Dim installer : Set installer = Nothing
Set installer = Wscript.CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer") : CheckError

' Open database
Dim databasePath:databasePath = Wscript.Arguments(0)
Dim database : Set database = installer.OpenDatabase(databasePath, openMode) : CheckError

' Process SQL statements and delete the crap out of this installer!
Dim query, view, record, message, rowData, columnCount, delim, column
Set view = database.OpenView("Delete from LaunchCondition") : CheckError
view.Execute
wscript.echo "Launch Conditions Removed"
Set view = database.OpenView("Delete from InstallExecuteSequence where Action='OnCheckSilentInstall'")
view.Execute
wscript.echo "OnCheckSilentInstall step removed"
Set view = database.OpenView("Delete from Property where Property = 'ISSETUPDRIVEN'")
view.Execute
wscript.echo "Property ISSETUPDRIVEN removed"
Set view = database.OpenView("INSERT INTO Property (Property,Value) VALUES ('ISSETUPDRIVEN',1)")
view.Execute
wscript.echo "Property ISSETUPDRIVEN added"
database.Commit
Wscript.Quit 0

Sub CheckError
Dim message, errRec
If Err = 0 Then Exit Sub
message = Err.Source & " " & Hex(Err) & ": " & Err.Description
If Not installer Is Nothing Then
Set errRec = installer.LastErrorRecord
If Not errRec Is Nothing Then message = message & vbLf & errRec.FormatText
End If
Fail message
End Sub

Sub Fail(message)
Wscript.Echo message
Wscript.Quit 2
End Sub[/code]

I copied my entire first CD to the hard drive, installed, skipped the missing .pk4 files (they're on the other CDs), and then manually copied them to the Doom3\base directory from CDs 2/3 when installation was done.
August 10, 2004, 7:44 PM

Search