Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | Does anyone want to get their hands dirty with .NET and XML?

AuthorMessageTime
Myndfyr
I'm completely redesigning my data access routines for my bot (hoping that they get to be faster and more memory-efficient, not to mention more functional). Since it's designed with a plugin-type load system (so that it will use XML or Access or SQL Server or MySql, w/e), I'm nearing completion of the data API spec. However, I'd like to focus on other aspects of my bot now instead of the database, because, quite frankly, it will take a lot of time.

So -- I'm looking for volunteers. ;)

I'd like to have both XML and Access database providers with the Beta 1 release. I don't expect to have it done for a few months, so not a huge rush. ;)

The .NET XML routines are relatively neat -- but, you have to know how to use the Reader/Writer. I've been using the XmlDocument and XmlNode classes, and they are insanely slow and crappy. I understand that Reader isn't too slow, but meh, I'm not doing to well with getting them to work.

So -- anyone who wants to help out with that aspect, let me know ;) ty!
July 10, 2004, 8:35 PM
St0rm.iD
XmlSerializer is the class you want I think...but I'll stick to my conclusion that XML is a good markup language but a terribly crappy data storage/representation language. Go binary! :)
July 12, 2004, 1:57 AM

Search