Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Op [vL]

AuthorMessageTime
Hostile
As of now we have removed the auto-moderation from our home channel op [vL] simply because its not active enough for anyone else to even join before getting nabbed for it. Afaik Random Ban, Idle Ban and Fast Rejoin Ban have been disabled and Spam ban should still be in place. We may also be removing some autobans but let it be known this in no way means we wont ban you again for whatever reason, including but not limited to absolutely no reason at all. :P

Feel free to hang out in our channel now, but please be smart about it. Don't use it as a gathering channel for a game, or for meeting up with people when any channel on battle.net would be suitable. Other then that we would very much enjoy your company and encourage you to come visit and engage in intelligent conversations, If you have any questions you can msg me over battle.net (Hostile[vL]@USEast).
July 9, 2004, 10:59 PM
Adron
EWW! You weren't supposed to invite everyone! Now we'll just have to put automoderation back right away!
July 9, 2004, 11:19 PM
Hostile
Not everyone can engage in intelligent conversations so technically I didn't invite -everyone-. :P
July 10, 2004, 12:34 AM
crankycefx
Damn, that precludes me.

I'll just go find a Korean channel, huk huk ^^^ my nights away...
July 10, 2004, 3:34 PM
Tuberload
Your channel sure is different without the auto-moderation functions enabled. Almost feels like I am entering into a strange new world. :)
July 10, 2004, 6:08 PM
iago
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg69545 date=1089482922]
Your channel sure is different without the auto-moderation functions enabled. Almost feels like I am entering into a strange new world. :)
[/quote]

I like it. Activity and people to talk to!
July 10, 2004, 7:50 PM
idoL
I don't care as I don't goto your channel anyway. ;)
July 11, 2004, 11:25 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=iago link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg69565 date=1089489043]
[quote author=Tuberload link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg69545 date=1089482922]
[/quote]

I like it. Activity and people to talk to!
[/quote]

As soon as I joined the channel today the first thing I noticed was you sitting in there. :P
July 11, 2004, 8:23 PM
Kp
[quote author=Hostile link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg69445 date=1089413959]As of now we have removed the auto-moderation from our home channel op [vL] simply because its not active enough for anyone else to even join before getting nabbed for it. Afaik Random Ban, Idle Ban and Fast Rejoin Ban have been disabled and Spam ban should still be in place. We may also be removing some autobans but let it be known this in no way means we wont ban you again for whatever reason, including but not limited to absolutely no reason at all. :P[/quote]

After some additional argument and tweaking, automoderation really is turned off. However, Hostile was either unwilling or unable to inform you of what that entails.

Random ban: targets random users who generate gobs of uninteresting traffic: disabled
Idle kick/ban: targets users who sit idle for far too long and contribute nothing: disabled
Fast rejoin: obvious: disabled
Spam ban: targets users who engage in extended monologues: disabled.

Autobans for all single characters: enabled by Hostile[vL]@USEast. Consequence: channel is unusable for all non-members, instead of unusable only for people we don't consider friends. If you have any questions or comments, please address them to Hostile[vL]@USEast, as described in the original message. In the meantime, members should thank Hostile and enjoy the quiet. It's rather nice not to worry about idiots wandering in and spamming. :)

Secondary update: autobans for all single characters: disabled by Grok@Botnet. Channel is now usable, and under no automatic protection against abuse. Enjoy.
July 23, 2004, 7:41 PM
Sargera
Just curious, but do you have to edit the source or something to disable auto-moderation? You guys make it sound difficult to do it. Does the bot not support commands for controlling auto-moderation?
July 23, 2004, 9:11 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Sargera link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg72090 date=1090617104]
Just curious, but do you have to edit the source or something to disable auto-moderation? You guys make it sound difficult to do it. Does the bot not support commands for controlling auto-moderation?
[/quote]

They have to load a different version of oper.dll.

Edit: Added an extra 'p' on accident.
July 23, 2004, 10:12 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Sargera link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg72090 date=1090617104]
[/quote]

I can answer some of these:

fast rejoin ban- .frjb on|off
short visit ban- .svb on|off

But i'm not quite sure how zerobot goes about the others, unless those are in that one plugin
July 23, 2004, 10:27 PM
Hostile
[quote author=Kp link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg72078 date=1090611668]
After some additional argument and tweaking, automoderation really is turned off. However, Hostile was either unwilling or unable to inform you of what that entails.

Random ban: targets random users who generate gobs of uninteresting traffic: disabled
Idle kick/ban: targets users who sit idle for far too long and contribute nothing: disabled
Fast rejoin: obvious: disabled
Spam ban: targets users who engage in extended monologues: disabled.

Autobans for all single characters: enabled by Hostile[vL]@USEast. Consequence: channel is unusable for all non-members, instead of unusable only for people we don't consider friends. If you have any questions or comments, please address them to Hostile[vL]@USEast, as described in the original message. In the meantime, members should thank Hostile and enjoy the quiet. It's rather nice not to worry about idiots wandering in and spamming. :)

Secondary update: autobans for all single characters: disabled by Grok@Botnet. Channel is now usable, and under no automatic protection against abuse. Enjoy.
[/quote]

You're the reason we had to turn off all that garbage you programmed in the first place, don't try and get sympathy from people you've been banning for the past year.
July 24, 2004, 3:27 AM
iago
[quote]onsequence: channel is unusable for all non-members, instead of unusable only for people we don't consider friends.[/quote]

I don't quite follow that. Even if it's true, there are still places to fall back on, like botnet. But I don't think it's true to begin with.
July 24, 2004, 3:57 AM
Hostile
[quote]onsequence: channel is unusable for all non-members, instead of unusable only for people we don't consider friends.[/quote]

Thats just a catch 22, He doesn't consider anyone his friend. :P
July 24, 2004, 4:22 AM
Sargera
[quote author=Hostile link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=0#msg72156 date=1090642972]

Thats just a catch 22, He doesn't consider anyone his friend. :P
[/quote]

Like you should be talking? And for the sake of the argument, I do believe he considers certain people on Battle.net his friends, and generally the rest strangers. He'd probably rather ban most of the strangers though, but that's his decision. Who cares?
July 24, 2004, 6:12 AM
hismajesty
It's the vL members channel anyways, why all the compasion for non-members/non-friends?
July 24, 2004, 6:14 AM
Kp
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=15#msg72163 date=1090649662]It's the vL members channel anyways, why all the compasion for non-members/non-friends?[/quote]

Well, seeing as you and most of the other regulars got de-Friendlisted a couple days ago in the course of all this, I'd think you should be care. :) Also, it should be noted that I used 'friends' in the sense of having the F flag in the [vL] database, not necessarily in reference to the specific people *I* consider friends.
July 24, 2004, 6:16 PM
crankycefx
I agree with hm.

Rule took offense to something I said and banned me.

I haven't been back there since.

Frankly, I don't care.

It's their channel. I have my own places of habitat on the internet.
July 24, 2004, 6:46 PM
Grok
[quote author=cefx- link=board=2;threadid=7638;start=15#msg72249 date=1090694772]I agree with hm.

Rule took offense to something I said and banned me.

I haven't been back there since.[/quote]

You're lucky I give people 9th chances. You used up about 7 chances several years ago, so I had you as Z for about 3 years. You were one of the 2 or 3 names that I had completely given up on ever being an interesting person to talk to.
July 24, 2004, 7:17 PM
crankycefx
Thank you Grok.

I'm surprised it was only 7, knowing the old me.
July 24, 2004, 7:28 PM

Search