Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Anti-Flood

AuthorMessageTime
cloud_171
I can't seem to get the Anti-Flood that gork converted to work. Does anyone have one that work and is willing to post it?
November 8, 2002, 6:39 PM
cloud_171
*grok typo  ;D
November 8, 2002, 6:44 PM
Noodlez
first you could edit your post, not make a new one.

second, what problem are you having?
November 8, 2002, 9:06 PM
cloud_171
[quote]first you could edit your post, not make a new one.

second, what problem are you having?[/quote]

couldnt edit, i guest posted :P. My bot keeps getting disconnected for flooding. I came up with a basic timer that like interval every 1500 if theres less than 6 and 3500 if there more and removed an item from a queue list. That worked for a while, but when sending large greeting msgs it floods.
November 9, 2002, 9:59 AM
Arta
I'm pretty sure that Bnet's flooding code has been changed since that code was written.
November 11, 2002, 12:35 AM
Atom
Queue is best way to go for me. Just make it so if theres more items in the queue then the interval on your timer goes up. Thats what i did for my bot and it never floods off.
November 15, 2002, 6:26 PM
warz
Why would the amount of items in your queue matter? Wouldn't it depend on the length of the items in the queue? I'm pretty sure a 2.5 - 3 second delay is good for most messages.
November 16, 2002, 6:35 PM
MesiaH
Aye Aye Aye, this is simple math (like im any good at math...)

Neways, the higher the amount of messages in the buffer, the higher the interval should be, But not outrageously high. any buffer that contains over 5 or 6 messages, should have an interval no higher than 4000ms, and no lower than 1800ms. As the queue gets lower, you should slow down the rate the message is sent, by a tiny bit. Because if you have drastic changes in the interval, and it speeds up too much during the last 2 messages, you will flood.

Now for message length, wherever your sendchat or send function or whatever you use to send 0x0E packets to Battle.net, should automatically cut off a messages length, or at least make something that does it. Very Simple.
November 17, 2002, 12:44 PM
Atom
right, because the way the flooding works is bytes per second, or messages per second, but its really per 5 seconds i think... but since its that way, more messages in the queue means thats more bytes that will be sent per second
November 17, 2002, 11:10 PM

Search