Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | good place to start?

AuthorMessageTime
cloud_171
I can't seem to understand how these packets work. Where would be a good place to start? I have read the documents on disclamer and have no clue what its talking about.
November 8, 2002, 3:51 AM
warz
Then that is obviously not a good place to start.  ;D
November 16, 2002, 6:28 PM
iago.
The best place to start might be to find a visual basic ascii chat program which basically can send and recieve ascii messages from a specified ip using a TCP connection and figure out how that works.

Or get a packet logger and watch what happens whever you do something (send a text message, check a profile, whatever) and look for patterns!
November 20, 2002, 12:15 PM
Zakath
[quote]I can't seem to understand how these packets work. Where would be a good place to start? I have read the documents on disclamer and have no clue what its talking about.[/quote]

A packet is just a series of bytes. The stuff at Spht's site explains how to break the packets up to obtain/insert useful information from/into them. It's not that difficult.

Are you familiar with standard data types?
A DWORD is a 32-bit unsigned integer, for example (in C that's an unsigned long). If you aren't, that'd be a good reason why it confuses you.
November 20, 2002, 4:01 PM

Search