Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Logo Design request

AuthorMessageTime
crankycefx
Hi all,

Any talented graphics artists out there that love doing jobs for free, drop me an email at: iain@renouf.biz

I need a new logo for http://www.atlanticarmory.com

Cheers.
July 6, 2004, 4:37 PM
crashtestdummy
You want someone to make you a free logo for a website that's selling something.
July 6, 2004, 5:10 PM
crankycefx
Yep.
If you don't like it, tough.
Don't reply.
July 6, 2004, 6:39 PM
Mitosis
I'll gladly do it.
July 6, 2004, 6:41 PM
crashtestdummy
He wants you to do something for free that he is probably making money off of don't be a gimp. That's all I'm gonna say about this...
July 6, 2004, 6:43 PM
crankycefx
A graphic is going to make money?

Amazing!!!
I didn't know that graphics on websites generated the revenue.

Shit, if that's the case, I'm in the wrong part of the industry.
I'm gonna go make ten websites for my hosting/provider company and makes tons of graphics!
I'll be rich!
July 6, 2004, 6:48 PM
crashtestdummy
Yes the appearance can determine whether anyone will buy something off of your website. I'm sorry if your to dense to figure that out.
July 6, 2004, 6:50 PM
LW-Falcon
I might make one :)
July 6, 2004, 6:52 PM
crankycefx
Sorry.

I'm terribly dense for thinking content sells and gloss does not.

http://www.unixpartisan.org
When realistic sales get up, and I complete the webpage (*cough, Trust WILL help me with PHP but he doesn't know it yet, cough*)
The contents/services will sell, not the website.

Sure, the random dumbass searching through google will be like
"oooh, colors, purty purty colors!!"
July 6, 2004, 7:00 PM
Mitosis
Well I am doing the template for unixpartisian and representing a banner for this thread. Anyways you can make money off of this kind of shit but I like doing this kind of stuff. Plus I'm not in it for a prophit.
July 6, 2004, 11:25 PM
DrivE
Its human instinct that if a similar product is offered for a similar price that the more glamorous buying environment would help.
July 7, 2004, 12:17 AM
Tuberload
A banner on your website is no different than a sign on a building. If they look shitty it doesn't help people's desire to buy your stuff.
July 7, 2004, 5:07 AM
crankycefx
As appreciative of criticism I am, my initial reply to such comments was:
"Don't reply".
As the author of the thread, I ask you to please acknowledge that. :)
Thank you.
July 7, 2004, 5:42 AM
crashtestdummy
Ok. Just a couple of questions. Do you own this company or do you know who owns it? Are you making money off of any work you are doing for them?
July 7, 2004, 6:04 AM
crankycefx
Yes.
My good friend owns it.

No, I am not making a dime off it.
July 7, 2004, 6:07 AM
Tuberload
[quote author=cefx- link=board=2;threadid=7590;start=0#msg68980 date=1089178922]
As appreciative of criticism I am, my initial reply to such comments was:
"Don't reply".
As the author of the thread, I ask you to please acknowledge that. :)
Thank you.
[/quote]

And as a supporter of free speech I will reserve my right to say whatever I want whenever I want. :)
July 7, 2004, 6:55 AM
Trance
[quote author=cefx- link=board=2;threadid=7590;start=0#msg68982 date=1089180440]
Yes.
My good friend owns it.

No, I am not making a dime off it.
[/quote]
But the company will.

Would you purchase a product from a company, if their site looked like it belonged on geocities?
:P In marketing, appearance is everything.
July 7, 2004, 10:04 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
True, when iago was looking at gamils for me he pointed one out on ebay but I didnt take it because there was no info and it looked like a quick job. When I shop I always judge "a book by its cover".
July 7, 2004, 10:15 AM
crankycefx
Then we disagree.

When I shop, I shop for the details.

Only the site 'layout' or actual structure will attract me or deter me, not the graphics, colors, or what-have-you.

'Course, I'm sure there is some psychological aspect to this all, which I won't delve into.
July 7, 2004, 2:08 PM

Search