Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | Minor League Baseball

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
Thursday, I saw the Frisco Rough Riders vs. San Antonio Missions. I'm not a big baseball fan because MLB bores me to tears. Minor League however is much better to watch.

This particular game had Friso with a 3 - 2 lead going into the top of the ninth. The Frisco pitcher struck out the first batter and let the second guy have a walk. Then they brought in the huge right hander to pitch out the inning. This guy had absolutely no respect for the next two batters. He threw nothing but fast balls every pitch. The slowest one was 94 mph and his fastest was 98 mph. It was great to watch him throw heat behind heat and after every pitch he would square off on the mound and just glare at the batters. Yep, they both struck out and San Antonio went home losers.
July 3, 2004, 6:02 PM
Grok
The thing is with Minor League is going to the park and having fun. The beer and peanuts are affordable, the atmosphere is light-hearted, the players are green or just washouts. Even if you don't care about baseball, it is hard to go wrong with an afternoon at one of these games. Lots of pretty women there too.
July 3, 2004, 7:01 PM
Thing
Yea that place was crawling with MILF. They are on a road trip for the rest of this month but when they get back I'll probably see a couple more games. I'm going to bring a camera with me next time for some covert MILF shots.
July 4, 2004, 4:50 PM
Noodlez
[quote author=Thing link=board=6;threadid=7551;start=0#msg68319 date=1088877744]
Thursday, I saw the Frisco Rough Riders vs. San Antonio Missions. I'm not a big baseball fan because MLB bores me to tears. Minor League however is much better to watch.

This particular game had Friso with a 3 - 2 lead going into the top of the ninth. The Frisco pitcher struck out the first batter and let the second guy have a walk. Then they brought in the huge right hander to pitch out the inning. This guy had absolutely no respect for the next two batters. He threw nothing but fast balls every pitch. The slowest one was 94 mph and his fastest was 98 mph. It was great to watch him throw heat behind heat and after every pitch he would square off on the mound and just glare at the batters. Yep, they both struck out and San Antonio went home losers.
[/quote]
I'm in Maryland ATM and last night I saw the Birds vs Cats... Personally I hate baseball, but it was part of this camp I'm attending and I'm pretty sure the only reason we went was for the fireworks. The food was pretty overpriced, but what can you expect. The stadium was nicer then I expected.
July 5, 2004, 5:12 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Im Brtitish but when im in Florida I am a regular at the Tropicanna Stadium to watch the Tampa Bay Devil rays. Are they major league or minor league?
July 5, 2004, 6:44 PM
Grok
[quote author=Meh link=board=6;threadid=7551;start=0#msg68675 date=1089053047]
Im Brtitish but when im in Florida I am a regular at the Tropicanna Stadium to watch the Tampa Bay Devil rays. Are they major league or minor league?
[/quote]

That's Major League Baseball.
http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com
July 6, 2004, 12:12 AM

Search