Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Battle.net server to server protocol?

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser.
Open connection to Battle.net, send 0x6 (or CTRL+F):

This is a complete guess, don't expect any of this to be correct

Server->You
(DWORD) Server's key?

You->Server
(DWORD) Your key?

Server->You
(DWORD[5]) Hashed password with both keys

You->Server
(DWORD[5]) Perhaps a hash of both your key+server key+server's hashed data?

Has anyone ever looked into this? Perhaps you could be able to connect to the other servers and do all sorts of fun stuff? :P
June 30, 2004, 7:14 AM
Stealth
Hopefully the password isn't as secure as the MCP server password. ;)
June 30, 2004, 1:27 PM
iago
What you need is a packetlogger between two of the servers, or perhaps give them a fake dns response so they end up sending the request to you :)
June 30, 2004, 3:17 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=7506;start=0#msg67936 date=1088608642]
What you need is a packetlogger between two of the servers, or perhaps give them a fake dns response so they end up sending the request to you :)
[/quote]

I don't suppose that Blizzard would be nice enough to have WinPcap 3 on there so that we could try remote packetlogging? :-P
June 30, 2004, 5:50 PM
iago
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=17;threadid=7506;start=0#msg67955 date=1088617854]
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=7506;start=0#msg67936 date=1088608642]
[/quote]

I don't suppose that Blizzard would be nice enough to have WinPcap 3 on there so that we could try remote packetlogging? :-P
[/quote]

If there's updates between realms (useast <--> europe, etc) it's possible that there is stuff going over the internet (I don't think all their servers are located in the same place) and it might be possible to get info. But compromising a router to run tcpdump on it is pretty much impossible :)
June 30, 2004, 9:25 PM

Search