Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Help with my first bot.

AuthorMessageTime
Dukester
Hello. I am just making my first bot. With a LITTLE vb knowledge.
I began useing the CleanSlateBot.ocx. I can connect my bot. As of right now, I have 1 textbot that I can send messages. I am wondering what the code for a RTB would be to view the chat. Also the code for the channel listings. For the channel listings do I use a RTB or just a TB? And i was reading the tutorial at http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:-QRmRgZih8MJ:www.valhallalegends.com/cuphead/ocx_me.txt+cleanslatebot+tutorial&hl=en And I say that I could take the information from a .txt file. In which how would I construct that. Make a .txt file for the config and just have the options of...let's say...Username
Password
Key
etc..
Please help me out,
Thanks
Jeff
June 26, 2004, 9:02 PM
Quarantine
To View the messages you sent and the messages u recieved you will need a RichTextBox and Groks AddChat function. There is one on the Botdev website or search the forums for AddChat. Then when you have your AddChat function in a module all nice and done go to your CleanSlateBot1_OnTalk sub I think its called and just do

[code]
AddChat vbwhite, Message
[/code]
Most of the AddChat usages should look like that but they may Vary.
To add the sent text to the RichTextBox you would need a text box and a Send Button. When the Send button is clicked do
[code]
AddChat vbwhite, Text1.Text
Text1.Text = ""
[/code]
Now the ChannelListing uses the OnUser, OnChannel , Onjoin , and Onleave Subs. There are various examples scattered throught the Forums use the search feature but they do require a ListView.

You will need a GetStuff / WriteStuff code to read and write data from a .ini . For example then your config.ini would look like
[code]
[Main]
Username=
Password=
[/code]
ect.
You can get this code by searching the forums since im not home and cant give you the code I use.

Well I hope this has helped you atleast a bit.
June 27, 2004, 10:41 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
You cant just use addchat. You have to creat it in a module. I cant be bothered to type it out, but it must be out there somewhere.
June 27, 2004, 3:11 PM
hismajesty
http://botdev.valhallalegends.com
June 27, 2004, 3:40 PM
Quarantine
Sorry I assumed he would have enough sense to put it in a module and find its usage.
June 27, 2004, 5:29 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
If he cant display text using Cupheads ocx help/ tutorial he wont understand addchat. There is coding to go with it and addchat is a function not a module. The code for addchat must be put in a module. I think Grok made the function?
June 27, 2004, 5:31 PM
Quarantine
Yea and again I will RESTATE what I JUST SAID. I am sorry for Assuming you knew the obvious.
June 27, 2004, 5:33 PM
Dukester
I would use his tutorial if the webpage opened... It's not working
June 27, 2004, 8:46 PM

Search