Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Just another discussion...

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
"Science, the creation of technology. Destruction of humanity"

What do you guys think about that?

My personal views are that technology and the new descoveries are great. However, "destruction of humanity", what does that mean to you? What do you think will happen as technology advances? Do you think it is a good thing how our world has been developing?

Take this for example, most of you know all those sci-fy movies and shows that have flying cars, people having tracers built into them. What if our future turn into something like that? Having absolutely no freedom? Like you're trapped, in a cage!

Technology obviously is a great factor in most of our lives, but what about the people that don't use it for good? The good and the bad.

Go ahead, call this a stupid post. What if someone in power, very high power discovers something shocking that could reck us all. They don't have the will power to throw it away, greed overcomes them and boom we're all screwed.

I think the worlds technology should slow down a bit and the people doing this should really think about what they are doing. I mean like, what if they get into something extremely serious and don't have the knowledge/skills to fix the problem?
June 24, 2004, 1:24 PM
j0k3r
As for people controlling in even just a few years (I'd say 10), think Microsoft and TC.

It's an interesting concept, to have "no freedom" at the sake of security. What good is all the safety in the world if you can't do anything? What good is all the freedom in the world if you have to constantly watchout for yourself? You have to put trust in the people who are going to be overseeing every aspect of your life and trust that they aren't power hungry, and are sane.

Everything leads to chaos, there's some theory about it where the more organized something is, the more it tends to destruction. All the universe is is particles, it developes by itself, and can't be controlled. Mankind has tried to organize the universe and control it, it just can't be done. The more we try to make things balanced and equal, the harsher it's going to be when it finally crashes.
June 24, 2004, 1:30 PM

Search