Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Ip Ban

AuthorMessageTime
SiMi
hrm i got some questions.....
1st:If you use socks & You Get Ip banned,Would it Ip ban your Ip too ,Or Just Your Proxy?

2nd Question:When will this stop....? Or if it wont,Got Any Tips?
December 12, 2002, 5:20 PM
beaver
Your on a proxy, so it WONT ip ban you.  It will ban the proxy.  IP bans are only temporary.  I think 12 hours.  Just use a different server to connect.  That would help you out SiMi[sN]
December 12, 2002, 7:28 PM
SiMi
btw didn't you read the post:

The IP banning system has been changed today. Now, you're IP banned on a whole gateway instead of a specific server. So if you get yourself IP banned on 63.240.202.120, for example, you will be IP banned on all other USEast servers.
-Spht
December 12, 2002, 9:25 PM
beaver
Sorry badass
December 13, 2002, 7:36 PM
uhhh no
if u get ip banned i think its for longer then 12 hours now either that or i did sumtin really bad i been ip banned for last 2 days now and still cant get on
December 15, 2002, 9:53 AM
SiMi
Its going around that peeps are being Ip Banned for a week......Thats a long time & even some of my friends are ip banned for loading some bots.....E-mail Blizzard and let them know that this new rule should stop [ I Usually restart my Ip when this happpenens , But it doesn't work for Static Ip's]
December 15, 2002, 1:32 PM
Spht
[quote]Its going around that peeps are being Ip Banned for a week......Thats a long time & even some of my friends are ip banned for loading some bots.....[/quote]

New IP ban has only existed for 3 days.
December 15, 2002, 2:35 PM
Mesiah-Unregister
Well hopefully battle.net will soon patch the old 0x29, and 0x36 login, which would require an update on War2, which is probably why they are holding off on it, they aint doin so hot financially these days, but if they were to do that, it would stop a majority of them lame ass bots, chewbot, zds, and all the edited versions of ethbot people call they're own (deucebot, modbot, etc)

This would be an effective tool in ip banning, so untill something like this is done, everybody else has to learn to adapt to these new changes.

So for all you cleanslatebot users and ethbot users, make sure your buffer is cleared after each packet, when a new connection is opened, and when a connection is closed.
December 18, 2002, 1:09 AM
Arta
[quote]Its going around that peeps are being Ip Banned for a week[/quote]

It's permanent, they should start shopping for a new IP address :P
December 18, 2002, 5:28 AM
SiMi
Heh NO its not, My Friend Hasn't turned off his comp or changed his ip & he got ip Banned.Today he was on the same ip he got banned with so boo ya
December 18, 2002, 11:45 AM
Mesiah-Unregister
You know, i think i will experiment with this. I think Permanent IP banning is way to drastic for battle.net to do, so im gonna go get myself banned, and see how long it lasts. I hope getting banned on uswest, is the same as east, cause im banning myself from west.
December 18, 2002, 2:29 PM
Mesiah-Unregister
wtf? Ok it looks like everybody is on a split, but i just demolished my packets with unnescisary dwords, and ntstrings, and i just get disconnected, im not getting ip banned... Any idea anybody? is it just a west thing?
December 18, 2002, 2:36 PM
Mesiah-Unregister
SAME WITH EAST! do u even get ip banned for sending packets that have crazy shit in them anymore? i mean come on now, i put an ntstring with "Fregq35hg" in it, in 0x51 packet, and im not ip banned, i put 3 huge dwords in my 0x0e packet, and im not ip banned, ive flooded, set my profile 49 times in a row, let the queue build up and send while i try to connect, NOTHING is ip banning me...
December 18, 2002, 2:43 PM
Skywing
Malformed packets or other protocol violations do cause you  to get banned.  My guess is that there's some kind of bug in your bot, or what you're doing doesn't end up being recognizable as a protocol violation.
December 18, 2002, 2:59 PM
RhiNo
yea i was testing my new bot cause i was finally un ip banned today for about 15 mins
i guess i had an error and uhhh fucked up eh? cause im ip banned again so im off to another long week of no bnet  :'( thats just freakin wonderful
December 18, 2002, 6:41 PM
Arta
Some people became un-IPBanned when the server last went down for maintenence. This was almost certainly accidental. It has been confirmed that the new IPBans are permanent - I know it sucks, but accept it. It's true.
December 19, 2002, 10:05 PM
Arta
[quote]what if the server fúcks up and we get 'banned'? then what?[/quote]
You're SOL. You can try emailling support@blizzard.com with your name, the gateway you were connected to, the time you were banned, and your IP address, asking to be unbanned. They may or may not do so. You can also try calling your ISP and asking for a new IP.
December 20, 2002, 2:12 AM
RhiNo
wow guess they really want sales to drop dont they and they have plans to release more #1 selling games what a joke
December 21, 2002, 5:04 PM
Skywing
[quote]wow guess they really want sales to drop dont they and they have plans to release more #1 selling games what a joke[/quote]
Don't be so dramatic; A handful of unsatisified customers won't make a dent in their sales.  Even the Battle.net forums are only representative of an extremely small minority of those who buy their games.
December 21, 2002, 6:03 PM

Search