Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | command ban ip

AuthorMessageTime
RhiNo
would anyone like to tell me or help me figure out how to ban an ip from a channel so they cant use the shitty flood bot to well flood the chan. thanx for ne help
December 16, 2002, 4:27 PM
Moonshine
Battle.net protocol does not release information on users' IP addresses, therefore it's impossible to ban users by their IP.
December 16, 2002, 4:37 PM
RhiNo
well that just fuckin sux do you have any idea on a way i could make my bot ban the flood bot without flooding the channel all to hell?
December 16, 2002, 4:39 PM
Moonshine
Not really, you could do several things though:

a) Use igpub to ignore all the spam
b) Just try to keep banning it until they run out of cdkeys (less effective)
c) Move to another channel

There are probably more indirect solutions, but I don't think there's a direct solution that you're looking for.
December 16, 2002, 4:44 PM
RhiNo
do you think it would work if i put a ban on anyone that rejoins the channal 3 times in a row within a few seconds if i then made it auto tagban that name?
December 16, 2002, 4:49 PM
Zakath
No. ;D

Flood bots simply overwhelm the opbot's ability to ban them. Adding more ban processing certainly won't help the situation!
December 17, 2002, 12:56 PM
Mesiah-Unregister
earlier moonshine said:

Battle.net protocol does not release information on users' IP addresses, therefore it's impossible to ban users by their IP.

What he failed to tell you is Battle.net DOES release users' IP Adress', Just not in the channel.

If you parse 0x09 game info return, you'll find out what i mean...
December 18, 2002, 1:01 AM
Skywing
[quote]earlier moonshine said:

What he failed to tell you is Battle.net DOES release users' IP Adress', Just not in the channel.

If you parse 0x09 game info return, you'll find out what i mean...[/quote]
Might I point out that the person in question would have to be hosting a game for you to be able to get their IP address with that, and if the person in question is in a game then they're also probably not in the channel :)

Regardless, this doesn't relate to preventing access by a user to a channel based on their IP address.
December 18, 2002, 2:54 PM
RhiNo
thanx i guess tagban will hafta do just hope they dont have 2many keys
December 18, 2002, 6:46 PM
Noodlez
you can squelch the person, squelch works by IP. and if they are squelched assume they are attempting to avoid a ban. (and ban them)
December 18, 2002, 8:24 PM
Mesiah-Unregister
[quote]
Might I point out that the person in question would have to be hosting a game for you to be able to get their IP address with that, and if the person in question is in a game then they're also probably not in the channel :)

Regardless, this doesn't relate to preventing access by a user to a channel based on their IP address.[/quote]

This is true, but i was correcting moonshine when he said that battle.net protocol did not release ip address info all together, was correcting him.
December 18, 2002, 9:12 PM
Moonshine
I don't remember saying it doesn't release the IP address "all together".  Moreover, I thought it was implied that we weren't talking about people in-games as skywing previously stated.
December 18, 2002, 11:35 PM
erase
Rhino,
Depending on how fast the floodbots are reconnecting..You can have 2 bots on op. One bot banning Floodbot users 1-4 the other Floodbot users 5-8.
Make your anti flood interval around 1200...works fine for me

My post is probably a little late, I doubt anyone will try using floodbot after new IP bans have been implimented
December 22, 2002, 1:29 PM
SiMi
[quote]Rhino,
Depending on how fast the floodbots are reconnecting..You can have 2 bots on op. One bot banning Floodbot users 1-4 the other Floodbot users 5-8.
Make your anti flood interval around 1200...works fine for me

My post is probably a little late, I doubt anyone will try using floodbot after new IP bans have been implimented[/quote]

Hrm are you sure it works fine for you? So your saying if i can go to your channel & Bring some friends with me and flood you.You would be able to ban em?
Hrm we will see about that
Lets say you ban em...Its Like your gonna run out of keys to ban & you will probably get annoyed or bored banning..
Plus if you ban about 250 thats limit so bo0 Yeaa
December 22, 2002, 2:27 PM
erase
Simi, you must've missed the part where said "depending on how fast the bots are reconnecting"
December 22, 2002, 3:25 PM

Search