Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | SafeList Help

AuthorMessageTime
dodge
I'm making a safelist, and everytime it's call the bot inputs from a text file and puts the names in a hidden listbox, if the last letter is "M" or "S" (flags Master or SafeList) but I'm stuck on finding out if the last letter is "M"... this is what I had

[code]
If Right((LCase(i)), 1) = ("M") Then
lstSafeList.AddItem (i)
End If
[/code]

i is what's being inputted. it I switch Right to Left and M to A it works, but not the other way around.. and I understand why, but why not if it's Right?

The Users.txt contains:
aW.ExaM
aW.FluXeD
June 21, 2004, 2:51 AM
shadypalm88
[quote author=dodge link=board=17;threadid=7364;start=0#msg66441 date=1087786261]
I'm making a safelist, and everytime it's call the bot inputs from a text file and puts the names in a hidden listbox, if the last letter is "M" or "S" (flags Master or SafeList) but I'm stuck on finding out if the last letter is "M"... this is what I had

[code]
If Right((LCase(i)), 1) = ("M") Then
lstSafeList.AddItem (i)
End If
[/code]

i is what's being inputted. it I switch Right to Left and M to A it works, but not the other way around.. and I understand why, but why not if it's Right?

The Users.txt contains:
aW.ExaM
aW.FluXeD

[/quote]First of all, using a ListBox like that is slow and bad practice... but that's another topic.

You are converting i to lower case, but checking if the last letter is an upper-case M. Easy thing to overlook.
June 21, 2004, 4:31 AM
dodge
what would you suggest? just inputting from the file everytime that command is executed? ie: /protect on )input safelist.txt?
June 21, 2004, 1:41 PM
hismajesty
In your ban processor, or where the ban command is, check the safelist.
June 21, 2004, 2:02 PM
shadypalm88
[quote author=dodge link=board=17;threadid=7364;start=0#msg66491 date=1087825299]
what would you suggest? just inputting from the file everytime that command is executed? ie: /protect on )input safelist.txt?
[/quote]I would suggest adding the safelist to an array or collection, and then checking that on things like your ban and kick commands, when people are banned, etc.
June 21, 2004, 2:25 PM
dodge
kk thanks:)
June 21, 2004, 3:19 PM

Search