Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [VB6] How exactly do you use these numbers...

AuthorMessageTime
Sorc_Polgara
Totally nooblar question, but how do you use these message IDs (i.e. 0x01)?

What are they, I mean they aren't hex... look like memory or something...

How exactly would I use such a value code in a packet? Should I conver it to some kind fo special format, or do I just take the code (i.e. 0x01) and make it a string?

I see people using stuff with &H1, that kind of stuff... I'm lost. These codes given aren't any help if I don't know what the hell they mean and are suppose to be used... bleh

I'm using VB6 but how the hell do I make this 0x01 into a BYTE? The protocolspec.txt or w/e says that the ID has to be a BYTE... but I can't make a BYTE out of "0x01"... bleh

[code]
Public Sub Send0x51()
AddC Form1.RTB1, True, vbYellow, "BNLS: Sent 0x51"
With pBuffer
.InsertDWORD GTC
.InsertDWORD version
.InsertDWORD CheckSum
If varProduct = "PX2D" Then
.InsertDWORD &H2
Else
.InsertDWORD &H1
End If
.InsertDWORD &H0
.InsertNonNTString CdkeyHash
If varProduct = "PX2D" Then
.InsertNonNTString Cdkey2Hash
End If
.InsertNTString ExeInfo
.InsertNTString (varUser)
.SendPacket &H51
End With
End Sub
[/code]

Sure... this is just some code I found of a post... to use as ex

Where the hell did the "&H51" or "&H0" come from? what are they used for? I dun see those things in any of the bot documents I found... bleh
June 20, 2004, 1:34 AM
UserLoser.
&H is just Visual Basic's representation of hex. &H51 is the same as 0x51. 0x01 is the same as 0x1, which is the same as 0x00000001, which is the same as &H1. Other languages such as Java (i'm assuming), C++, have prefixes of 0x, where VB has &H. Hope this helps. ;)
June 20, 2004, 2:00 AM
Sorc_Polgara
Yes, that really helps. Conversions are killing me. Thanks. :)
June 20, 2004, 9:13 PM

Search