Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | MSN/AIM Updates

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
Anybody know if the fact that MSN and AIM updated at the exact same time was just a coincidence? I restarted my computer and MSN and AIM loaded and both said I needed to update. :-\
June 19, 2004, 8:55 PM
Mephisto
Maybe it's something to do with the RSA encryption both of them use?
June 20, 2004, 7:22 AM
Myndfyr
idk. I've been being prompted for an update to AIM for ages.
June 20, 2004, 7:48 AM
Hostile
Myndfyre: Sorry, this was a question for people who aren't idiots and were at the current (previous) version. :P

Trust: AIM's update happened a day before MSNs. :P I haven't even gotten the AIM update out of laziness since I didn't want to hunt down all the shortcuts it puts on for AOL. :'(

On a further note, I decided to get the MSN Toolbar which is not all that bad since I have no other toolbars. However, it gave me a scare when it retardedly establishes a couple connections to servers which can easily be mistaken for trojans. So despite the fact that I think Microsoft is spying on me now its working out great!
Edit: Since I'm actually awake this time while I look at it, if you get it just make sure you disable the Customer Experience Improvement Program :-\
June 20, 2004, 3:58 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=Hostile link=board=2;threadid=7336;start=0#msg66301 date=1087747123]
Myndfyre: Sorry, this was a question for people who aren't idiots and were at the current (previous) version. :P

Trust: AIM's update happened a day before MSNs. :P I haven't even gotten the AIM update out of laziness since I didn't want to hunt down all the shortcuts it puts on for AOL. :'(

On a further note, I decided to get the MSN Toolbar which is not all that bad since I have no other toolbars. However, it gave me a scare when it retardedly establishes a couple connections to servers which can easily be mistaken for trojans. So despite the fact that I think Microsoft is spying on me now its working out great!
Edit: Since I'm actually awake this time while I look at it, if you get it just make sure you disable the Customer Experience Improvement Program :-\
[/quote]

I also use MSN toolbar. Even though it's practically the same thing vs the Google/Yahoo! toolbars, I prefer it. Interesting, I wonder when Microsoft will eliminate Google what with their move to Google't territory (search engine, toolbar, etc.). ;)
June 20, 2004, 4:29 PM
hismajesty
[quote]Trust: AIM's update happened a day before MSNs. I haven't even gotten the AIM update out of laziness since I didn't want to hunt down all the shortcuts it puts on for AOL. [/quote]

Ah, I thought they were released the same day.

[quote author=Mephisto link=board=2;threadid=7336;start=0#msg66305 date=1087748998]
I also use MSN toolbar. Even though it's practically the same thing vs the Google/Yahoo! toolbars, I prefer it. Interesting, I wonder when Microsoft will eliminate Google what with their move to Google't territory (search engine, toolbar, etc.). ;)
[/quote]

Microsoft tried buying Google.

Edit: Typo
June 20, 2004, 4:37 PM
iago
Google's owning Microsoft. Google should write an OS.

At school, at least 95% of people use google, and the people that use msn for searching tend to be looked down upon. They're generally the dumb people anyway.

And Hotmail gives 5mb storage (or maybe 10, I forget) compared to Yahoo's 100mb and Google's 1gb. Now if Hotmail matches that for free, then maybe :)
June 20, 2004, 5:30 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=2;threadid=7336;start=0#msg66309 date=1087749451]
[quote]Trust: AIM's update happened a day before MSNs. I haven't even gotten the AIM update out of laziness since I didn't want to hunt down all the shortcuts it puts on for AOL. [/quote]

Ah, I thought they were released the same day.

[quote author=Mephisto link=board=2;threadid=7336;start=0#msg66305 date=1087748998]
[/quote]

Microsoft tried buying Google.

Edit: Typo
[/quote]

Do you have an article about that?
June 20, 2004, 5:50 PM
Newby
Hotmail gives 2 mb free.
June 20, 2004, 6:01 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mephisto link=board=2;threadid=7336;start=0#msg66328 date=1087753846]Do you have an article about that?[/quote]

[quote]"Microsoft chairman Bill Gates is set to challenge the dominance of Google with his own high-powered search engine, which has been in secret development for more than a year. A Microsoft spokesman said: "Microsoft believes that the search engine experience can be dramatically improved and we are investing significant financial and human resources in a new type of search engine that will be a major improvement on existing offerings."[/quote]

The most complete article I found was here

And at my school, btw, 'googled' is a new verb. It's probably like that everywhere, pretty soon you'll be hearing 'yea I gmailed my boyfriend' or something.
June 20, 2004, 8:49 PM

Search