Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [VB] 0x0F Parsing

AuthorMessageTime
Noodlez
This class will make 0x0F parsing easier then ever and it's straight out of HukChat :).

How to use it:
in (declarations)
[code]
Private WithEvents Binary as clsParseF
[/code]

in Form_Load
[code]
Set Binary = new clsParseF
[/code]

Now, look in list of objects. Binary should be there.
All events are in the most simple form and plain to understand.

http://www.noodlez.org/clsParseF.cls

Enjoy :)

edit: ack! forgot the link
December 23, 2002, 11:04 PM
kamakazie
I don't understand what is so hard about parsing SID_CHATEVENT (0x0f).  I hear people saying that they can parse that packet better then other people can, and now this, a class dedicated to parsing it.  Perhaps you can enlighten me?  To me, this whole class is a joke and a testament to how "newb" bot makers using Visual Basic really are.
December 24, 2002, 12:30 AM
iago
It all depends how deep you go, like if your parser can tell what types of items a d2 guy is wearing or what icon a Warcraft III person has, etc.

Plus being able to read ping/flags/baadf00d right :)
December 24, 2002, 1:56 AM
Noodlez
only thing that cant do is tell the item type/color a d2 character is wearing
December 24, 2002, 3:50 AM
Arta
What's wrong with using a class?

Mine uses 2 with respect to parsing SID_CHATEVENT, one parses the packet (the same class that parses all the rest), another processes the event... That's not to mention classes for manage the Battle.net connection, to store incoming/outgoing data, and to convert data from Battle.net to the appropriate type. Using lots of classes isn't an indication of cluelessness.
December 24, 2002, 1:30 PM
iago
Unless somebody else programmed them...
December 24, 2002, 2:59 PM
Arta
Well, obviously :P
December 24, 2002, 3:54 PM
warz
That's a tad short of doing everything. Regarding kamakazie trying to prove some sort of point -- it's obviously programmer preference, you'll get over it.
December 24, 2002, 4:18 PM
Skywing
[quote]only thing that cant do is tell the item type/color a d2 character is wearing[/quote]
What about the channel join failure events (13, 14, and 15)?
December 24, 2002, 10:55 PM

Search