Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | My template

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
[img]http://www.wolfness.com/upload/cLitecompleted1.jpg[/img]

well this is my new template, Trust is going to be coding it PHP. Rate it please.
June 17, 2004, 11:51 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
I like it. Maybe you could do something with the gaps either side of the menu, and maybe switch the Logins to the bottom and have plans on top maybe, but the design is good.
June 17, 2004, 12:47 PM
Arta
It's nice overall. I think it could benefit from a little colour. It's hard to rate it without seeing text, and the way that will be formatted. One comment I would make is that there is a lot of wasted space on either side of the menu. It might be good to put something there (recent headlines/forum posts, an RSS feed, something like that)
June 17, 2004, 1:32 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Yes, you aksed me about forums and YaBBse lets you add latest forum posts there. The reason for login moving is so that a customer can have the links they need at the top instead of bottom.
June 17, 2004, 4:46 PM
AC_Drkan
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=22;threadid=7291;start=0#msg65608 date=1087479175]
It's nice overall. I think it could benefit from a little colour. It's hard to rate it without seeing text, and the way that will be formatted. One comment I would make is that there is a lot of wasted space on either side of the menu. It might be good to put something there (recent headlines/forum posts, an RSS feed, something like that)
[/quote]
I have to Agree more color and maybe adding a side navigation bar
June 17, 2004, 6:04 PM
j0k3r
Might want to make the idea of "c-lite" more obvious so people don't think you're just trying to spell "clit-e".
June 17, 2004, 7:13 PM
Mitosis
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=22;threadid=7291;start=0#msg65608 date=1087479175]
[/quote]

The gaps on the sides of the navigation are Chatbox and Affiliates.

[quote] Posted by: j0k3r Posted on: Today at 02:13:14pm
Might want to make the idea of "c-lite" more obvious so people don't think you're just trying to spell "clit-e". [/quote]

There will be the main page saying "creativeLite, Enter here"
June 17, 2004, 8:01 PM
peofeoknight
Just do not realy on the image as much, try to break some of those borders into code. It will save you on bandwidth, plus a pixil perfect layout can be a pain in the butt to put up with if every border is an image. This is true with css and tables.
June 18, 2004, 7:30 PM
hismajesty
I agree. I don't like layouts that are just an image, they bug me.
June 18, 2004, 10:58 PM
St0rm.iD
Photoshop/ImageReady, Fireworks MX, or QuarkXPress.

Fireworks MX is my weapon of choice because I suck at graphic design.
June 19, 2004, 1:34 AM
peofeoknight
This company I will be working with (subcontracting now, but hopefully full time soon as a normal eomployee) uses fireworks. I am going to need to learn how to use it. I hear it is faster tto use then photoshop. I like photoshop, but it takes me forever to do my graphics with.... and I too suck with images.
June 19, 2004, 7:31 AM
Mitosis
Get some helpful tutorials or ask someone who uses it frequently.
June 19, 2004, 11:19 AM
peofeoknight
My style is just to screw around with it till I sort of understand it :P
June 19, 2004, 10:24 PM
Crypticflare
[quote author=peofeoknight link=board=22;threadid=7291;start=0#msg66214 date=1087683847]
My style is just to screw around with it till I sort of understand it :P
[/quote]

I believe that's the best way to go with graphic design, Books can only give you so much, but if you mess around with the photo editor a lot sorta gives you a feel on your artistic capablities.
June 20, 2004, 7:55 AM
TeEhEiMaN
nice what u use? Photoshop?
June 26, 2004, 2:08 AM
Undeference
ew
August 23, 2004, 11:26 PM

Search