Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Would Microsoft do this?

AuthorMessageTime
Thing
A couple of weeks ago I ordered the upgrade version of SuSE 9.1 Pro. They notified me that it was backordered. Yesterday I received this email:
[quote] Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry about the delay in filling your order!

The demand for the Update version of our product far exceeds
our previous experience. In an attempt to make it up to you,
we are going to substitute the full version of the
product (normally $89.95) at no additional charge.

We will be shipping your order no later than Monday, June 14th.

Again, we apologize for the long delay.

Novell-SUSE[/quote]

A couple of hours later, I received an email with my tracking number. Go go Novell-SUSE!
June 11, 2004, 2:56 PM
LW-Falcon
You're so lucky. :o
June 11, 2004, 3:28 PM
peofeoknight
I like suse... thats my favority linux distro. Novell is a good company, they also have word perfect and the mono project for asp.net. Microsoft would not get back ordered on windows I think :p
June 11, 2004, 6:22 PM
po0f
I think Suse is putting 9.1 up on the ftp site Monday. It's probably the personal edition but meh.
June 11, 2004, 7:15 PM
Hostile
Yeah... SuSE > * Always has been, imho.
June 11, 2004, 7:47 PM
mynameistmp
Why, iyho, is SuSE >* ? Just wondering...
June 11, 2004, 8:44 PM
Hostile
I've grown accostumed to SuSE Linux since I had first started using linux and still prefere it over all other ones. I merely pointed that out in this celebration that its also ran by a great company as well. :P
June 12, 2004, 8:36 AM
iago
I'm personally running slackware 9.1 (Thanks to Tmp and Xar for recommending it, I love it) and using various lightweight window managers (I'm a fan of WindowMaker, but I also like BlackBox). I just have to figure out how to run Windows software, and I can stop using Windows altogether :)
June 12, 2004, 4:57 PM
mynameistmp
I was, and am still, merely asking why you prefer it over all other ones.
June 13, 2004, 1:13 AM

Search