Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Webdesigning / Wanted

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
Hmmm if this is the wrong place you can move it

--- I am looking for someone who is fairly good at webdesigning / building a site ... my site is actually getting alot of traffic and i need to completely redo it to make things easier and such so im looking for someone to help with that and yes i can pay money MONEY YES I SAID MONEY! so let me know what you can do and any stuff youve done in the past post the urls of it.
June 7, 2004, 7:50 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I dont know what hed say but talk with Mitosis. Hes good at it.
June 7, 2004, 7:55 PM
Hostile
HTML and JavaScript, everyones out of school... I'm sure you'll get a few offers.

PS: Don't listen to Rabid-Lord
St0rm.iD
angryhickclown@Netscape.net
Thing
PHP/MySQL God = Arta
I don't know what you are planning on paying but it'll have to match at least what I pay him or you'll have to sit in the back seat and wait for my jobs to be finished. :D
June 7, 2004, 10:31 PM
Mitosis
I'll gladly do graphics free of charge. MitosisDesigns@AIM, RussellMusso@hotmail.com
June 7, 2004, 10:34 PM
Mephisto
You can contact me on MSN or send me an e-mail and we can discuss what content you want on the Website, how you want it structured, and what dynamic elements/content you want implemented. Additionally which scripting (JScript, PHP, perl, etc.) and programming languages (perl, ASP.NET, etc.) you want applied, though this will depend on which platform you're planning to have your Website hosted on. You will also have the option of it being a template or just a standard Website. With a template you will find it easier to add Websites by yourself and update the entire Website and make it more customizable. You can also talk to my partner whom develops Websites with me.

I also provide hosting on Linux/Windows.

MSN: mephisto@zodiaclegends.com
E-mail: public_mephisto@zodiaclegends.com
June 7, 2004, 10:38 PM
Spht
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg64021 date=1086647660]
I'll gladly do graphics free of charge. MitosisDesigns@AIM, RussellMusso@hotmail.com
[/quote]

Wouldn't the person designing the page template do the graphics, or subcontract someone to do the graphics?

The page designer may decide that there will not be any graphics. Or he could want a very graphical web site so would need several images created for headers / borders / boxes, and maybe even a logo.
June 7, 2004, 10:39 PM
Mitosis
What's so bad for me to offer help? Why can't more than one person work on this project, colloberately? I could make a banner, send to the next person and so on.
June 7, 2004, 11:01 PM
Spht
[quote author=Mitosis link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg64028 date=1086649303]
What's so bad for me to offer help?[/quote]

It isn't bad...

[quote author=Mitosis link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg64028 date=1086649303]Why can't more than one person work on this project, colloberately?[/quote]

Yeah, why not?

[quote author=Mitosis link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg64028 date=1086649303]I could make a banner, send to the next person and so on.
[/quote]

And so on? The next person sends it to someone else?
June 7, 2004, 11:06 PM
St0rm.iD
Give me a template and a few hundred bucks, and I'll give you a fully-featured, scalable, easy-to-use, world-class web site.
June 8, 2004, 12:15 AM
peofeoknight
I am making a cms (but its not finished yet). I will sell you the framework for 80 bucks, I make layouts for 15 an hour, and setup the cms for 15 an hour (so prolly a 15 bucks installation). Then I do custom scripting for also 15 an hour. My markup is valid xhtml 1.1 and 508 approved. I use valid css for layout. My server side scripting is asp.net and some asp classic. I provide hosting on the parking.ru servers (I know a good resller so all of my clients are on this host) http://hosting.parking.ru/ (but if you have another host I can work with them too, I have redone websites for clients and kept their hosting). If you are interested in my services I am at
quasi-modo@comcast.net

But I have other clients waiting so maybe you would get your stuff done faster with the others. I could do work on your site in about a week though.

Estimated cost for a full website if I made it from scratch and did not use the cms would be about 1500, but If I use the cms I made a site framework I can charge less and serve more clients. But I do not want to pull numbers out of the air with that. 1500 is a fair rate though. 16 an hour is on the low end of web development cost. It is tedious and hard work and a developer is expect to know a lot of things and be able to do a lot of things, that is why it can't be expect to be done for pennys. That is also why I do it for small businesses, because they will be willing to pay the going rate that regular people will not.
June 8, 2004, 1:15 AM
Thing
[quote]I will sell you the framework for 80 bucks, I make layouts for 15 an hour, and setup the cms for 15 an hour (so prolly a 15 bucks installation). Then I do custom scripting for also 15 an hour.[/quote]

You work too cheap! Kill yourself now.
June 8, 2004, 1:32 AM
peofeoknight
I am selling the cms as a premade thing. I do not have to build the cms each time so I am not over working. The cms is just taking a while to make. I am doing other things on the side, like redoing the whole layout of a site, just the client side sutff, I will not be oing much server side stuff there. I will get a pretty penny doing that. 15 an hour is a decent rate though. Thats how I can get business. After all, I do not have to live off of web design, it is a part time job for me. I am 17 so I am not buying food. Just gas, insurance, computer parts, and other items.

http://www.9rules.com/whitespace/web_business/setting_the_price_part_ii.php I have read this
[quote]
Your desired salary: $50,000
Your estimated overhead: $25,000
Estimated hours for the year: 2000
Desired profit margin: 10%
$50,000+$25,000 = $75,000 total expenses
$75,000 * .10 = $7,500 desired profit
$75,000 + $7,500 = $82,500 total desired revenue
$82,500/2000 = $41.25 default rate
[/quote]
The total time, per site, with the cms as a framework is low, spreading the time spent of the cms over many sites and charging $80 for the cms a peice I get a pretty good chunck for the cms and it takes me relatively little time so I can handle more sites (this is what I want to try to do). By doing this I can do it cheaper then the competition and still get paid. I am not working for pennies, I will still make 100 0 per job if I do scripting and layout, which will more then pay for the over head. Hosting is not too pricy (with my reseller atleast). My whole goal is to be able to keep the total price low so people can get web sites, without selling myself too short. So I just need to put all of the sites on the same chassy and give them each an individual layout and maybe cusomise them scripting wise, say one needs a calander, one needs a photo gallery. But since it has a cmd too as the chassy, I do not have to be there for maintenance as often either. I do not have to wait in the people hand and foot. Its like personal standardised parts I guessed to streamline my little operation. Hopefully it works out as planned.

By the time i have my personal site up I will be running this legally and 'officially'. Gotta set this up as a company before I can really advertise, or I can get in some big trouble. (also can say overhead is a business expence when I do this and all)
June 8, 2004, 5:54 AM
warz
[quote author=Spht link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg63997 date=1086638799]
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg63989 date=1086637825]
yes i can pay money MONEY YES I SAID MONEY!
[/quote]

Wait, let me make sure I heard correctly. You're going to pay someone for their labour? Wow! People typically spend hours and hours of their time designing a web site for free!

What a deal!
[/quote]

People sometimes try hard to make themselves look cool by trying to be a smart ass. You, though? It comes natural. Keep on being a stupid smart ass, you smart ass.

I wouldn't mind doing it for free.
June 8, 2004, 6:31 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=warz link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=15#msg64100 date=1086676319]
[quote author=Spht link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg63997 date=1086638799]
[quote author=Denial link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=0#msg63989 date=1086637825]
yes i can pay money MONEY YES I SAID MONEY!
[/quote]

Wait, let me make sure I heard correctly. You're going to pay someone for their labour? Wow! People typically spend hours and hours of their time designing a web site for free!

What a deal!
[/quote]

People generally try hard and making themselves look cool by trying to be a smart ass. You, though? It comes natural. Keep on being a stupid smart ass, you smart ass.

I wouldn't mind doing it for free.
[/quote] It is good for a little while to do stuff for a club or church locally to get good and get something to show for yourself, but if you do more then 1 or 2 jobs this way you could burn yourself out unless you are just learning everything with these sites and are not going into it with experience. I can't even make a personal site without bruning out on it unless I know I am going to get money from it eventually.
June 8, 2004, 7:20 AM
Arta
I might be able to help, it depends what you need.
June 8, 2004, 7:37 AM
Denial
Ok heres a few things which would have to be done i would think

a completely new layout or atleast the one changed into mostly dynamic because only the middle changes which i didnt do .. so if i change something i have to change like 300 pages... which i hate doing

http://sclegacy.com/
http://wclegacy.com/
http://entensity.net/
http://wow.stratics.com
WoW-RA.com
www.broodwar.de
www.warcraft.nu
http://www.warcraft3france.com
wow.warcry.com

Are some sites that look pretty cool which might be somewhat of a layout i like

If your not good at graphics but are very good at coding thats fine i got some people who like to make banners and such they do it for the hell of it also the banner thats there can be kept i just want the rest of the site to change and stuff i wanna work with the person

Just for reference my site deals with stuff like pictures funny videos just go to www.battlecenter.net and look around and see what it deals with that should give a somewhat look on what the layout should look like

But in short i was thinking of a new layout and some stuff to make stuff easier like easy to post news uh easy to change something on the link bar .... uploading pictures and stuff so i dont have to link 700 pictures because its very time consuming

Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) PHP/4.3.6 mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.7d

I have 160 gigs of space
2000 gigs of bandwidth on 2 servers so cut that in half and thats what each server has

any other information let me know you can pm me if your intrested or email me Denial@battlecenter.net or msn me

Msn: warroche@hotmail.com
Yim: wardenied@yahoo.com
AIm: Freedom Raven

I wouldnt suggest aiming me im away 24/7 with it

Just let me know if your intrested and how much it would cost remember im not bill gates im a college student if you have any questions feel free to message me

In the future before the year is over i will also be adding a secure part of the site for members i think my site has some good things and i can make money off it in the long run

June 8, 2004, 8:25 AM
Arta
I could do the coding for you but your ideas look time consuming, and therefore, expensive.

What you're really after is a content management system, so if you're on a tight budget you you might be better off trying some off-the-shelf solution like PHP-Nuke. If you do go for a generic CMS I'd make sure it's one that's been around for a while and that has a good track record with regards to security and soforth.
June 8, 2004, 8:42 AM
Mephisto
Why not just develop a template? I've developed templates for people that have three files which you can modify. One for the top, middle, and bottom, so you can modify them and each page for the section of the template will be modified, so you have to make one edit and however many pages you have are edited. You can also developed a template modification control panel which would be pricey. But if you want to go cheap just get someone (like me) to develop a regular Website and make it a template and you can make the HTML content changes yourself.
June 8, 2004, 10:07 AM
Noodlez
I can design the website, and do the coding in ASP. It'll use CSS to the extreme extent, to the point that if there were no .CSS file every page would just be black text on white background, so you could change all 500 pages look easily. My most recent job was http://www.shotonsight.net
June 8, 2004, 2:10 PM
Denial
I heard asp wasnt compatible with apache unless you use uh i cant remember what the stupid thing bleh its to early in the morning to think ... i was talking with spht about this the other day

P.S. I would never use phpnuke i hate it everysite that uses it looks the same therefore i would never use it because i hate going to different sites that look the same over and over and over
June 8, 2004, 3:03 PM
Thing
[quote] I heard asp wasnt compatible with apache unless you use uh i cant remember what the stupid thing bleh[/quote]

Chilisoft
June 8, 2004, 11:36 PM
peofeoknight
asp.net > asp classic by far. Asp.net will move onto apache and linux with full support for vb.net and c#.
June 9, 2004, 5:32 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=peofeoknight link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=30#msg64304 date=1086759156]
asp.net > asp classic by far. Asp.net will move onto apache and linux with full support for vb.net and c#.
[/quote]

And you get this information from...?
June 9, 2004, 7:19 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Mephisto link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=30#msg64313 date=1086765590]
[quote author=peofeoknight link=board=2;threadid=7134;start=30#msg64304 date=1086759156]
[/quote]

And you get this information from...?
[/quote] I use asp.net and have used and still use asp classic to an extent today. Also it is common knowledge. Asp.net being the newer technology has substantial improvements over asp classic. Asp.net runs faster, has better language flexibility, is not simple parsed html like asp classic (rather it compiles like jsp), is fully object oriented, and last but certainly not least event oriented contols which can stream line your code, etc. It is better then asp classic hands down.
http://www.go-mono.com/ <-- asp.net on linux coutesy of novell.
June 10, 2004, 6:05 AM

Search