Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Packet application

AuthorMessageTime
eurolan-StorM
Hello,

I will like to know if the packet sending can give the possibilty to a bot to create a game as an observateur for example ?
If a bot is a game creator, he must send the packets he received to all players, I guess that idea must be very complex to realize it.

Thanks in advance!

StorM
June 7, 2004, 6:59 AM
Null
[quote author=eurolan-StorM link=board=17;threadid=7131;start=0#msg63935 date=1086591540]
I guess that idea must be very complex to realize it.
[/quote]

Or maybe just your typing is so ridicoulously fucked up.

Anyways dude if your after a winbot (which im not really sure if you are , cant really understand your shit?) then check out warz site he has one there. www.tks.slacktech.com or something.

June 7, 2004, 8:23 AM
Dyndrilliac
[quote author=effect link=board=17;threadid=7131;start=0#msg63937 date=1086596593]Or maybe just your typing is so ridicoulously fucked up.

Anyways dude if your after a winbot (which im not really sure if you are , cant really understand your shit?) then check out warz site he has one there. www.tks.slacktech.com or something.[/quote]

Maybe English isn't his native language dipshit...

I believe he is asking if there is a way for a bot to create a game in SC as an observer, so he on his bot can watch the game and not be an active player - This isn't possible unless your talking about replays, which is observing games that have already taken place - OR - your bot joins as a player and simply watches the game and waits to get slaughtered.
June 7, 2004, 9:49 AM
eurolan-StorM
I'm french and I'm sorry for my poorly english

I will able to give to my bot the possibity to create custom as observateur in warcraft custom game. One time the game is started, the bot receive the packet from player 1 and send it to player 2 and vice versa.
June 7, 2004, 10:12 AM
Soul Taker
Sounds like he's trying to make a bot for the sole purpose of hosting, probably because he knows lots of people that can't configure a firewall/router.
June 7, 2004, 10:21 AM
eurolan-StorM
No, it's not my objective. I have already wrote a bot who can manage WarCraft tournament (mapchoice, results report etc) but it will be very great if the bot could host the game : for the ping balance, an easier report and it's a good way to learn how manipulate warcraft packets for me.
June 7, 2004, 12:16 PM
tA-Kane
[quote author=Soul Taker link=board=17;threadid=7131;start=0#msg63947 date=1086603683]Sounds like he's trying to make a bot for the sole purpose of hosting, probably because he knows lots of people that can't configure a firewall/router.[/quote][quote author=eurolan-StorM link=board=17;threadid=7131;start=0#msg63951 date=1086610604]No, it's not my objective.[/quote]A shame, because that's actually one of the better ideas to have spawned here...

[quote author=eurolan-StorM link=board=17;threadid=7131;start=0#msg63951 date=1086610604]I have already wrote a bot who can manage WarCraft tournament (mapchoice, results report etc) but it will be very great if the bot could host the game : for the ping balance, an easier report and it's a good way to learn how manipulate warcraft packets for me.[/quote]eurolan-StorM, please note that it is not possible for players to be observers on StarCraft unless you use Use Map Settings on maps that specifically allow for observers.

As for WarCraft, I'm sure it's possible. I haven't seen or heard of anyone here do it, though.

It likely would not be easy, since you would not only need to resend all packets you receive to the other clients, but also keep track of the packets, read them to keep your local copy of the game data current so that your bot is able to create a checksum of the game and send that correct checksum to the other clients so that they don't drop you.

If your checksum is bad (which would be very hard to avoid if you don't keep a local copy of the game, I think), then the other clients will think that you have hacked, cheated, or gone awry (crashed somewhere) and decide that it's better for the game if you weren't in it... thusly dropping you.
June 7, 2004, 5:43 PM
eurolan-StorM
During a game :

f7 28 11 00 01 01 02 20 50 68 33 34 72 21 21 21 00

F7 is merely a packet header, such as the FF in out of game packets.
28 denotes the type of action (In this case, 28 is "Sent to All")
11 00 denotes the length. 17 bytes total in this case.
After that is the text. The text in this case is Ph34r!!!. If you converted the Hexidecimal into ASCI it would read Ph34r!!! (Notice the 3 "21" bytes at the end? Those are "!" marks).
This will send "Ph34r!!!" to All in a Custom Game

Where is the checksum in this packet for example and how I can generate them ?

June 7, 2004, 8:05 PM
tA-Kane
Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been busy with work.

I'm not familiar with WarCraft 3's packets. However, I would venture a guess that 0x01010220 would be the game's checksum. That is, of course, if the checksum is sent in this packet.
0x01010220 might be something different, such as perhaps the type of message (such as perhaps unit movement, unit attack, building destroyed, or in this case... user chat). If this was UDP (which I hear WarCraft 3 does not use), I would also guess that it would perhaps be a packet number, since the game would need to receive the packets in the correct order to get the correct checksum... but if WarCraft 3 uses TCP, then you can all but forget that idea, since TCP is inherintly orderly.

As for generating a checksum, I know of only a handful of people capable of doing such, and I know of no public source code or executable code available for such. So, you would either have to disassemble WarCraft 3 and find the checksum generating code yourself, or contact the handful of people that are capable of doing it.
June 12, 2004, 5:23 PM

Search