Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Pending Draft Legislation Targeted for Spring 2005

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg
June 6, 2004, 5:52 AM
Hostile
Yeah, I read that a week ago or so. I wouldn't worry about it too much. They're just preparing for it, they don't need any people to go in for Iraq atleast.... If we start anouther war then who knows. :P
June 6, 2004, 6:38 AM
crashtestdummy
[quote]Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year[/quote]

So education doesn't matter to the government at all anymore.
June 6, 2004, 6:59 AM
Hostile
I have enough money, I'll just sell my car, buy a yacht, goto Sweden and live in Mejal's [s]bedroom[/s] basement.
June 6, 2004, 2:45 PM

Search