Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | NCAA Baseball

AuthorMessageTime
Grok
Texas Tech starts their regional with Mississippi State, faces winner of GaTech and Jacksonville State.

FSU starts with Bethune-Cookman, then faces either Central Florida of Oklahoma State.

Florida vs Central Conn State, then UCLA or Oklahoma.
May 31, 2004, 8:39 PM
DarkMinion
[quote]Bethune-Cookman[/quote]

Uhhhh? :-X
June 1, 2004, 1:00 AM
DrivE
Whats wrong with Bethune-Cookman College? They have an awesome choir. Basketball sucks, by the way.
June 1, 2004, 12:00 PM
Grok
He doesn't like black people playing baseball.
June 1, 2004, 5:36 PM
Grok
And everyone is still alive for the championship game of their regionals. FSU and Florida are in the winner's brackets, while Texas Tech has to beat Georgia Tech twice to win their regional and advance to the college world series. Texas Tech lost to Georgia Tech 9-3 to fall into the loser's bracket.
June 6, 2004, 5:42 AM
Maddox
Goooooo Jackets!
June 8, 2004, 10:39 PM
Grok
Oh yes guess this should be updated.

Texas Tech is out.
FSU won their regional, will play Arkansas in Super Regional away.
Florida won theirs, will play Miami away.
June 8, 2004, 11:18 PM
crashtestdummy
Not really much into baseball or sports but, I live in Baton Rouge on LSU campus and they were having a baseball game the other day. And seeing as y'all are talking about championship games it seems that the games would be over for the season around here. Just wondering so I don't feel totally ignorant about it.
June 10, 2004, 4:07 AM
Grok
[quote author=muert0 link=board=6;threadid=7051;start=0#msg64492 date=1086840447]
Not really much into baseball or sports but, I live in Baton Rouge on LSU campus and they were having a baseball game the other day. And seeing as y'all are talking about championship games it seems that the games would be over for the season around here. Just wondering so I don't feel totally ignorant about it.
[/quote]

Regular season is over. Qualified teams (conference champions and at-large good teams) entered the post-season playoffs. They are down to 16 teams, playing in "Super-Regionals" this weekend. The 8 survivors will play in the College World Series, held every year in Omaha, Nebraska. LSU won the CWS a couple times recently, and is one of the remaining 16 this year.
June 10, 2004, 7:14 PM
crashtestdummy
Cool thanks for clarifying. They are doing pretty good in all the major sports this year I think or am I wrong?
June 10, 2004, 9:53 PM
Grok
[quote author=muert0 link=board=6;threadid=7051;start=0#msg64589 date=1086904432]
Cool thanks for clarifying. They are doing pretty good in all the major sports this year I think or am I wrong?
[/quote]

I don't follow your team.
Find out for yourself. http://www.lsusports.net/
June 10, 2004, 9:54 PM

Search