Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | PvPGN/BNETD

AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser
Where could i get the latest and most accurate version of either one of these to test my bot on?  I need one that supports warcraft III.  Could someone send me one or give me a link?  Thanks..
January 2, 2003, 9:05 PM
Moonshine
I seriously doubt BNETD or PvPGN would support WarIII without modification to the programme itself (Setting it to use the older login system).  I think you're stuck with real Bnet for now.
January 2, 2003, 9:30 PM
UserLoser
:'( So there isnt any up-to-date ones out there? :'(
January 2, 2003, 9:36 PM
RhiNo
there are some because ive seen one idk if you can download it but some website i found on google before have thier own war3 server
January 2, 2003, 9:39 PM
RhiNo
a link is http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=008efP so that you can setup a bnetd server for war3 beta so ild assume that it works for war3 regular!
January 2, 2003, 9:43 PM
Moonshine
Those are for the real game WarIII, and they would require a patch on the programme to allow it to login using the old login system, those servers *do not* have the real WarIII NLS implemented.
January 2, 2003, 9:57 PM
RhiNo
well then i guess they wont work sorry
January 3, 2003, 8:41 AM
UserLoser
well it works with d2 lod, without any patch, so it must work with the NLS, i downloaded a version that was released about 3 days ago...just cant get it to work with war3, it says it does but not sure how
January 3, 2003, 3:21 PM
Maddox
There is no server (besides battle.net) that supports Warcraft III login without requiring a patch which changes the login system to the old one. D2 / Lod can use NLS but it is not implemented on battle.net or bnetd.
January 3, 2003, 7:35 PM
Skywing
[quote]There is no server (besides battle.net) that supports Warcraft III login without requiring a patch which changes the login system to the old one. D2 / Lod can use NLS but it is not implemented on battle.net or bnetd.[/quote]
I've made a small server supporting that for testing purposes.  It's not nearly a complete server, though; I merely use it for testing client responses to certain messages.

BNLS supports the algorithms necessary to check NLS-style logins from a server-side perspective; see the protocol specification.
January 3, 2003, 7:49 PM

Search