Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Fun Forum™ | What do you make of this email?

AuthorMessageTime
K
[quote]
Dear student,

I would like to bring to your attention a special part-time job opportunity. If you wish to increase your budget by spending only a few hours a week working as a mystery shopper, please consider this offer.

The mystery shoppers are people, who pretend to be regular customers, so they can secretly evaluate various companies' products and customer services. On average most of the mystery shoppers earn from $150 to $400 per week. In addition they shop at different stores, eat at the best restaurants, and see the newest movies for free. All their expenses are covered by the company that hires them. The best part is that as a secret shopper you can get free goods and have all your transportation costs covered.

The job we offer you has a very flexible working time. You can easily combine your daily responsibilities with your work as a mystery shopper, because you can choose only the assignments you like and work at a convenient time for you!

If you are interested, please reply to this e-mail and I will send you more information on how you can start.

Best regards,
Brian Shelton

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
You are receiving this message as a registered user of our secret shopping mailing list.
To unsubscribe just reply to this message with the word 'REMOVE' as a SUBJECT line.
[/quote]

the mailing list is so secret I didn't even know I was on it!
May 31, 2004, 1:39 AM
Yoni
IMO, looks too intelligible for a typical modern spam message, but it could be an exception.

"Brian Shelton". Hmm, wonder whether that's a real name.

I saw a post by someone on some random forum, that suggested using the spam "From" names as an infinite supply of ideas for RPG character names. :)
May 31, 2004, 1:46 AM
Tuberload
My girlfriend’s sister was a mystery shopper. She would go around to stores and see if they would sell her cigarettes without checking for ID. At least what she was doing was legit, but I don’t know about this.
May 31, 2004, 5:40 AM
Raven
Sounds to me like it's either an escalating spam trick (you reply, there's some little trick, your e-mail is then subscribed to a truckload of other spams), or it's one of those "agency scams", where essentially you'll pay them some money to get your name on some "special list" from which many companies "recruit" their mystery shoppers from. IMHO, this isn't worth your time. :)
May 31, 2004, 4:08 PM
Hitmen
[quote author=Raven link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62945 date=1086019688]
IMHO, this isn't worth your time. :)
[/quote]
I'm going to have to disagree, and say you could have a lot of fun with the spammer if you can get an email conversation going.
May 31, 2004, 4:52 PM
Raven
[quote author=Hitmen link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62949 date=1086022328]
[quote author=Raven link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62945 date=1086019688]
[/quote]
I'm going to have to disagree, and say you could have a lot of fun with the spammer if you can get an email conversation going.
[/quote]
I doubt you could have much fun with an automated mailing routine.
May 31, 2004, 4:58 PM
Hitmen
[quote author=Raven link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62952 date=1086022681]
[quote author=Hitmen link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62949 date=1086022328]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I doubt you could have much fun with an automated mailing routine.
[/quote]
If they're looking to scam you, it's going to be a person that responds.
May 31, 2004, 5:04 PM
KoRRuPT
[quote]I'm going to have to disagree, and say you could have a lot of fun with the spammer if you can get an email conversation going. [/quote]

What would be the point of that?
May 31, 2004, 8:35 PM
Hitmen
[quote author=Akamas link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62976 date=1086035703]
[quote]I'm going to have to disagree, and say you could have a lot of fun with the spammer if you can get an email conversation going. [/quote]

What would be the point of that?
[/quote]
There is no "point", but some of these people aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, and can provide lots of entertainment. Like the nigerian scam email crap :p
May 31, 2004, 8:40 PM
hismajesty
hm, that'd be awesome to have a convo with a spammer
June 1, 2004, 12:34 AM
Adron
[quote author=effect link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg63025 date=1086085358]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=0#msg62995 date=1086050088]
hm, that'd be awesome to have a convo with a spammer
[/quote]

Then maybe you need to re-evaluate your social life.
[/quote]

Weren't we going to ban effect from the forums? Soooo much negativity...

But other than that, go look at one of the sites, such as this one, that post conversations with spammers. Maybe you'll see how funny it could be. It's probably a better pastime than posting comments about other people's social life.
June 1, 2004, 10:29 AM
Eli_1
+5 to Adron, oh wait... :'(

It is funny if you can pull it off. Just like it's fun to start random conversations with Blizzard reps, or annoy phone salesmen into hanging up with you, or prank calling people that call you via wrong number more than once.

Life is short, effect, don't be such a negative nancy. ;)
June 1, 2004, 11:32 PM
Stwong
<3 making telemarketers hang up.
TM: "Hello? This is * from *, we'd like to offer you *."
"I'm afraid you have the wrong number."
TM: "What do you mean?"
"Well, we don't have a telephone..."
TM: "What are you talking on then?"
"My showerhead."
TM, without missing a beat: "Well, I think that..."
June 2, 2004, 1:57 AM
iago
[quote author=Stwong link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63180 date=1086141436]
"My showerhead."
[/quote]

I like the one from Seinfeld:
TM: Hi, can I interesting you in..
Jerry: I'm a little busy right now, why don't you give me your home phone number and I'll call you later
TM: I can't do that
Jerry: Why, you don't want people calling you at home?
TM: Exactly
Jerry: Now you know how I feel *click*
June 2, 2004, 2:40 AM
Newby
[quote author=iago link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63199 date=1086144014]
[quote author=Stwong link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63180 date=1086141436]
"My showerhead."
[/quote]

I like the one from Seinfeld:
TM: Hi, can I interesting you in..
Jerry: I'm a little busy right now, why don't you give me your home phone number and I'll call you later
TM: I can't do that
Jerry: Why, you don't want people calling you at home?
TM: Exactly
Jerry: Now you know how I feel *click*
[/quote]
My friend does that all the time. :P
June 2, 2004, 4:09 AM
iago
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63269 date=1086181787]
[quote author=effect link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63268 date=1086181525]
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63258 date=1086173486]
[quote author=effect link=board=4;threadid=7043;start=15#msg63207 date=1086146701]
Yea and those people who do find it entertaining should invest in a gun to shoot them selves. They obvisouly have nothing else to live for?
[/quote]
Who's the one spending his time flaming people on a forum for something which he has nothing to do with?
[/quote]

hypocrite
[/quote]
Where did I say I wasn't doing that? How can you prove I don't have a life? For all you know, I could be the most popular kid in school, or the kid everyone hates. While were at the name calling...

Moron.
[/quote]

Eh, popularity is a whole other story. I was never really popular, but I stuck with my friends, and I think that worked out better in the end.

Back to the original topic -- umm, what was it? Oh yeah, wasting scammers's time is fun -- www.419eater.com
June 2, 2004, 5:56 PM
Hitmen
I got spam asking me to help feed Sudan's children, I gave them some valuable information.

Edit: Link added to remove j0k3r's confusion :P
June 29, 2004, 1:15 AM
j0k3r
You mean the guy that made the sudan car?
June 29, 2004, 1:38 AM

Search