Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Programming | win32 api question

AuthorMessageTime
tenbytes
Hey, I need to create an edit box something like AIM's where it can display ANY image type...ummm...does anyone know what AIM uses? I thought they use an IWebBrowser2 thing, but you can actually paste pictures into the box and are still able to type text...hmm...
May 30, 2004, 7:10 PM
K
it's probably a RichEdit control.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/richedit/richeditcontrols/aboutricheditcontrols.asp
May 30, 2004, 8:27 PM
Myndfyr
Last I checked, RichEdit couldn't do too well with graphics. I believe that AIM uses the MSHTML DHTML editor control. I have a managed .NET wrapper for it, but not one for general programming.
May 30, 2004, 11:31 PM
Skywing
[quote author=Myndfyre link=board=5;threadid=7040;start=0#msg62851 date=1085959866]
Last I checked, RichEdit couldn't do too well with graphics. I believe that AIM uses the MSHTML DHTML editor control. I have a managed .NET wrapper for it, but not one for general programming.
[/quote]
Can't you link them in as objects or whatever? I've never done this myself, but AFAIK that's how things like MSN do emoticons.

Of course, you need to convert the images to the correct format beforehand.
May 30, 2004, 11:51 PM
K
Correct, RichEdit supports embeded objects -- I think you could imbed any OLE object, which is not limited to graphics.
May 31, 2004, 1:01 AM
Stwong
I remember reading somewhere of something like AIM using the Gecko browser rendering thingy... you know, Mozilla's browser renderer. Also note that it's probably some kind of HTML, because everything on AIM is done in HTML in the packets...
June 10, 2004, 4:19 AM

Search