Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Music

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
Do any of you play a certain artist/genre when you play games? If so, do you think it affects your performance? Everytime I play Call of Duty I listen to Breaking Benjamin. I tried listening to something else one time and I did really bad so I switched the music to Breaking Benjamin and I started doing really well. Just curious if you guys have a certain cd/artist/song/genre that you use while gaming. :)
May 28, 2004, 8:36 PM
KoRRuPT
Technically shouldn't this be in the media motel?

Depending on the game and my mood, I ususally listen to some Metallica during Counter-Strike game play. Also when playing Quake I listen to rock / rap (I like very few rap songs).
May 28, 2004, 9:08 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Cant beat ACDC and Ozzy Osbourne.
May 28, 2004, 9:19 PM
Hitmen
Anything that makes your eardrums bleed.
May 28, 2004, 9:29 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Akamas link=board=3;threadid=7007;start=0#msg62394 date=1085778491]
Technically shouldn't this be in the media motel?

Depending on the game and my mood, I ususally listen to some Metallica during Counter-Strike game play. Also when playing Quake I listen to rock / rap (I like very few rap songs).
[/quote]

Well I figured since it deals jointly with media/gaming it doesn't matter. And since it's gaming specific, I figured gaming would be a better forum.
May 28, 2004, 9:38 PM
j0k3r
I like listening to my own music while playing D2, however in CS I leave it off so I can tell where the shooting is/footsteps are. In UT2004, I leave off my music cause I enjoy the game's music.

Depends on the game.
May 28, 2004, 9:49 PM
KoRRuPT
[quote]Just curious if you guys have a certain cd/artist/song/genre that you use while gaming.[/quote]

"cd/artist/song/genre" I don't think that's classified as default game music. Joker is right, this should be in the trash can.
May 28, 2004, 10:57 PM
Newby
I like the Stupid People Arguing about Stupid Things better. :)

I don't listen to music when I game. I just listen to the game itself. So I can hear whether someone is sneaking up on me.
May 28, 2004, 11:19 PM
LW-Falcon
It depends on the game, I turn my music on for SC and turn it off for Halo.
May 28, 2004, 11:49 PM
Eibro
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=board=3;threadid=7007;start=0#msg62384 date=1085776572]
Do any of you play a certain artist/genre when you play games? If so, do you think it affects your performance? Everytime I play Call of Duty I listen to Breaking Benjamin. I tried listening to something else one time and I did really bad so I switched the music to Breaking Benjamin and I started doing really well. Just curious if you guys have a certain cd/artist/song/genre that you use while gaming. :)
[/quote]It's the same with sports, any music that gets your adrenaline flowing works. It most definitely affects your performance. When i'm looking to get pumped up, I usually listen to KMFDM, Def Leppard, Rammstein, etc.
May 29, 2004, 4:47 AM
Hitmen
After a few experiments, I have concluded that I perform substantially better at UT while listening to slipknot.
May 29, 2004, 6:08 AM
TeEhEiMaN
listen to Styx -- Renegate While u play games its GREAT!!
June 26, 2004, 2:05 AM

Search