Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | /WHOAMI -- Introductions | New yet old face, I'm sure

AuthorMessageTime
cefx
Wassail,

Can't believe this is still around.
Irregardless, I've concluded I'd sign up here and peruse the forums in my pursuit of knowledge of c++ and Cisco.
At any rate, here's me:
I'm a young and aspiring poet/writer, from Canada whose primary language is English; with a sideline pursuit of education in C++ (just started, I've purchased Stroustrups "The C++ Programming Language", things should become very interested and very caffeinated soon..) and Cisco networks. I'm just about to go to an Academy to write my Cisco 2 exams, as I've completed Cisco 1. (The Pre-CCNA Cisco Academy courses.)
Aside from that, I consider myself an utter newb.
I used to be a complete and utter ignorant idiot, back in the day.
I don't play any battle.net games, or go on battle.net.
I don't know any programming languages.
I know hardware and networking, but that's about it. (...for now) And I am, by no means, an expert on either subject, unless it's personal PC hardware.

You can catch me on EFNet in #b4b0, #!phrack, or #infinite. Couple others not worth mentioning.

I work for a Microsoft partner company as an XP Frontline phone technician. I fix all the fuckups in XP, and believe you me -- Windows is buggy as all fucking hell, especially if you're stupid.

My 'hobbies' would be martial arts, airsoft, and recreational drinking or pot smoking.

My operating systems of choice: FreeBSD and Gentoo.
I refuse to use Windows * because it looks like it was fucking designed by Disney. This mostly goes out to XP and 2003, but even classical it's cartoonish.

Aside from that, ask me. I'm suddenly becoming not bored in reading a document on php..(gah)

Lates,
cefx
May 28, 2004, 7:26 AM
Yoni
Don't say "irregardless" ;)
May 28, 2004, 8:52 PM
padhraig
Gah.

For some goddamned reason, no password I enter for cefx is there.

Nor when I use forgot password, does it send to my email a changed pass or anything.

Bleh.
Some Admin help me out here.

Email me at cefx@technodev.org or iain@renouf.biz.

-cefx
May 29, 2004, 1:12 AM
Thing
I reset your password to "password" without the quotes of course. It's a secret so don't tell anybody.

./edit I actually did do that. Oh, and you can fuck off and stop pretending to be cefx.
May 29, 2004, 2:04 AM
crankycefx
That was me at work, if you're wondering about the IP address, heh.

What the hell is wrong with my accounts?

I can't log in after I log out, it seems.

cefx and padhraig don't work anymore.

Must be some malfunction in the board. ;\

Trying some other pw's for cefx, but none seem to be working...
May 29, 2004, 5:49 AM
Thing
I tested the user creation and password reset using email functions successfully. I also tested the reset password using secret question function successfully. If you or somebody else reset the password it was changed and emailed to your address listed in the profile.

Have you checked the email for that account?
Have you tried using the secret question/answer for that account?

I am leaning towards the luser error explanation rather than board malfuntion. What are your thoughts?
May 29, 2004, 12:28 PM
Yoni
Make sure cookies are enabled. This forum doesn't like when cookies are disabled and doesn't tell you that that's the reason, either.
May 29, 2004, 6:52 PM
crankycefx
It was not only spyware, but a virus, heh.

It's not my computer that I usually use, I blame the bad maitenance on the owner.

Anyways, everything works fine for crankycefx now, but I just happened to be a big enough idiot to make my secret question for cefx something I did not commit to memory.

So if someone could email me a new pass cefx@technodev.org, or something of that sort, it'd be greatly appreciated. Heh.
May 29, 2004, 7:37 PM
crankycefx
This one seems to be working fine now, so i'll just use this.

What a fucked up situation.
Oh well.
May 29, 2004, 10:33 PM
iago
hmm, you can't get a forum account to work, yet you indirectly work for Microsoft? I think I see the problem here ;)
June 2, 2004, 6:00 PM
Jensen
LOL I also see the problem here but at least he know enough not to use windows (I cant get my slackware cd#2 to burn so im stuck with xp untill i figure out why its not working
June 2, 2004, 11:07 PM
Archonist
[quote author=Jensen link=board=21;threadid=6994;start=0#msg63345 date=1086217657]
LOL I also see the problem here but at least he know enough not to use windows (I cant get my slackware cd#2 to burn so im stuck with xp untill i figure out why its not working
[/quote]

Because you shouldn't be using it.
June 3, 2004, 1:06 AM

Search