Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Web Development | Streaming SWF

AuthorMessageTime
Eli_1
Ok, where to start...

I want to stream a song (in swf format) on my friends website. It was origionally on an anglefire page, but as you can see by my avatar, it only worked for a week or so, then they stopped it for "off-site" loading.

I moved the exact same things over to my friends website, but the flash song won't play.

You can see what's happening here:
abne.out-lawz.com\swf_\Slither.HTM

Any idea why it isn't working here?

Edit:
The three files this whole thing uses are:
1.) Slither.SWF (The little flash button that you see)
2.) STREAMSlither.SWF (The whole like 5MB of song)
3.) Slither.HTM (The actuall page)
May 20, 2004, 10:08 PM
Raven
This may be caused by your method of embedding the sound file into Flash. If you wrote any onLoad routines in AS, that could be the culprit. It could also be as simple as Flash player versions, or the sound file not being loaded into the SWF file itself. Perhaps you should try re-importing the sound file (WAVs and MIDs tend to work better than MP3s in Flash, although WAVs are alot bulkier), and then republishing the SWF?
May 21, 2004, 5:20 AM
Eli_1
Everything worked fine before. I just moved the files to a different website cause angelfire got mad. :(
May 21, 2004, 10:41 AM
Eli_1
Problem resolved:

It turns out that I was using the wrong transfer mode (I was using ASCII when I needed binary -- silly me).

abne.out-lawz.com/swf_/Slither.SWF
May 24, 2004, 11:46 PM
CrAzY
Uhm... Don't know quite what your talking about with Ascii, you can set it to stream by a property. Simply add your sound, then goto the bottom at propertys, set 'Sync' = Stream...
June 4, 2004, 12:57 PM
j0k3r
When I read the transfer mode I thought uploading/FTP program, but crazy obviously thought of some option in SWF, mind elaborating as to which one?
June 4, 2004, 1:15 PM
Eli_1
[quote author=j0k3r link=board=22;threadid=6896;start=0#msg63560 date=1086354957]
When I read the transfer mode I thought uploading/FTP program, but crazy obviously thought of some option in SWF, mind elaborating as to which one?
[/quote]
FTP. When I was uploading I had the transfer mode set to ASCII (which is default). ::)
June 4, 2004, 4:30 PM

Search