Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Hello....

AuthorMessageTime
Celica
Hello, I am new to "Bot" development. What's the best hashing method for a Visual Basic 6.0 Professional "Bot"?  ;D
December 27, 2002, 10:56 PM
Celica
You got aim? We can work together...  :P
December 27, 2002, 11:20 PM
UserLoser
Si, just use the AIM icon on the left, under my username and post amount ;)
December 27, 2002, 11:22 PM
iago
[quote]BNLS
http://www.valhallalegends.com/yoni/BNLSProtocolSpec.txt[/quote]

He said BEST method, not EASIEST! :-P
December 31, 2002, 5:09 AM
Etheran
How are you going to prove that it's not the best method? :P
December 31, 2002, 6:53 AM
iago
[quote]has anyone created a bot that does not use BNLS and can log in under warcraft III? besides binarychat?[/quote]

I don't think anybody has reversed the War3 login except Skywing and friends, but I could be wrong.
December 31, 2002, 3:39 PM
dRAgoN
[quote]has anyone created a bot that does not use BNLS and can log in under warcraft III? besides binarychat?[/quote]

If you consider connection hijacking a bot then I sopose I have one aswell.

~l)ragon
December 31, 2002, 5:18 PM
Yoni
If you have or know of a bot that logs on Warcraft 3, isn't BinaryChat, doesn't use BNLS, and doesn't hijack the real Warcraft 3 client's connection, I'd like to know about it. :P
December 31, 2002, 6:21 PM
Skywing
[quote]

If you consider connection hijacking a bot then I sopose I have one aswell.

~l)ragon[/quote]
How about one which doesn't require clientside modifications? :P
January 1, 2003, 4:13 AM
Etheran
Skywing and Yoni have a monopoly going on here!
January 1, 2003, 4:20 AM
dRAgoN
[quote]
How about one which doesn't require clientside modifications? :P[/quote]

8(
January 1, 2003, 4:26 AM
Yoni
[quote]Skywing and Yoni have a monopoly going on here![/quote]
Yeah, and you all fear
January 1, 2003, 1:43 PM
iago
See what the problem with monopolies is?  BNLS goes down and nobody can log in! :-)
January 1, 2003, 3:27 PM
Skywing
[quote]See what the problem with monopolies is?  BNLS goes down and nobody can log in! :-)[/quote]
BNLS has an excellent uptime track record.  You should see what people will put up with; check the BG3 forums (linked at http://www.ultimatebot.com).  I was testing how strong their copy protection was, and their authserver went down at least 6 times overnight (and their program disconnects from Battle.net if it can't contact the authserver).

Before you start criticizing BNLS, look at the alternatives (and there are none for Warcraft III!).  :P
January 1, 2003, 8:29 PM
MiLF
even when i've gotten messages saying BNLS is going down, it doesn't cause the bot to disconnect. BNLS has been incredibly reliable.
January 1, 2003, 10:22 PM
haZe
MiLF! I'm Abnormal! When are you going to finish that name? Remember our deal? {bA}~DeMoN_@$$! for Abnormal winbotted...that was the deal! when r u going to do it! i've still got the name....
January 1, 2003, 10:41 PM
MesiaH
milf, you dont stay connected to bnls, once your logged into battle.net, you have no reason to stay connected, so you disconnect from the bnls.
January 1, 2003, 10:43 PM
Etheran
I let my connection time out. ;)
January 1, 2003, 10:51 PM
UserLoser
You could stay connected to BNLS, its pointless tho. And are there records of how many times a bot has logged on under a certain BNLS id?
January 1, 2003, 10:59 PM
Skywing
[quote]You could stay connected to BNLS, its pointless tho. And are there records of how many times a bot has logged on under a certain BNLS id?[/quote]
Yes.  These are accessible to authors who are connected to the BotNet, have a unique BotNet account name, and have requested an administrative password for their BNLS account.
January 1, 2003, 11:24 PM
Nova1313
skywing. The reason our server goes down is because were on a reseller account server. Plesk actually restarts apache and at that point it's unavailiable to anyone. The new version fixes if it can't connect it wont disconnect. Still has some bugs with that though.

As for a collocated server I've been looking into it but don't have funding myself for one.
January 3, 2003, 12:29 AM
Skywing
[quote]skywing. The reason our server goes down is because were on a reseller account server. Plesk actually restarts apache and at that point it's unavailiable to anyone. The new version fixes if it can't connect it wont disconnect. Still has some bugs with that though.

As for a collocated server I've been looking into it but don't have funding myself for one.[/quote]
Suggest not kicking users off if they can't contact it for a short period of time after already logging on then -- maybe if it's unreachable for an extended period of time, but it seemed to be initiating the disconnect from everything sequence on the first failure to communicate.
January 3, 2003, 7:42 PM
UserLoser
Celica = erbvile = "deam"
He told me that i was not supposed to say who he is, but since the way he acts on AIM, and says that all battle.net people and all these clans (vl, fe, ect.) are all stuck up and think they know everything there is to the world...
He made "Celica" because he had a bad reputation on the other name...
January 8, 2003, 9:36 PM
" A NON E MOUS "
BSD said his bot, bsdbot, the non-spam one, can connect to 3raw w/o bnls. Inother words he claimed he hashed war3. I cried. :P
January 9, 2003, 1:16 AM
Skywing
[quote]BSD said his bot, bsdbot, the non-spam one, can connect to 3raw w/o bnls. Inother words he claimed he hashed war3. I cried. :P[/quote]
Bsd says a lot of things.  Incidentally, he's got a BNLS account...
January 9, 2003, 9:36 AM

Search