Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | I need ideas

AuthorMessageTime
Mitosis
Well Im not too sure if this should go here, its general computing I guess so yeah.

Well this weekend for my birthday, Im thinking of getting a .ca. Im going to be trashing Savage Designs and starting all over. So I need a new name. I have come up witht his so far;

www.LiTe.ca
www.JSART.ca
www.RMART.ca

JS and RM are my initials so I thought I could do something with those.
This is what Im looking for, a really nice stand alone name or something with Art a the end. Maybe Designs if its good.

All ideas will be very appreciated, and if I use someones they will get credit, I can asure you of that.

[edit] Now this is the site I am buying from;
http://www.webcentre.ca/en/order/signup/order.php Which order is good for a reasonable price? I was thinking that I should get the Commerce Paid Yearly;
webCentre Commerce Hosting, 100MB RAID-5 storage, 12GB bandwidth, 10 Mailboxes (50MB)
Top of the line hosting solution.
Post your thoughts on this.
May 18, 2004, 11:07 AM
The-Rabid-Lord
How about:-
- www.RMDesigns.ca
- www.LiTeDeSiGnS.ca
- www.smartaRT.ca
May 18, 2004, 11:51 AM
Mitosis
I want to hold off on the Designs part, when I hear that word it kind of makes me sick :o Standalone names or Art at the end sound pretty cool. Thanks though. Hmm LiTe (add something to it) is what I've been thinking about.
May 18, 2004, 12:09 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
www.ArtisticLite.ca
May 18, 2004, 12:51 PM
j0k3r
I would recommend ordering your domain and web hosting package seperately. Some companies charge you for the domain if you get hosted with them, but they register the domain as theirs, and you are just using it. So if there is ever a conflict, they cancel your package and keep your domain.

I use godadddy.com for my domains, and haven't had any problems to date (2 years)(just gotta keep your eyes open when you register so you don't register for spam, they "offer" a lot of "bonus features").

My host is klan-host.com, they offer great prices, great support. I recommend finding out how much spaces/bandwidth you need before ordering too. Maybe start out with the lite package and when you see yourself using up everything, upgrade your package (klan-host.com offers this).
May 18, 2004, 1:24 PM
Arta
www.LiteArt.ca
May 18, 2004, 1:37 PM
hismajesty
Slacktech is great, especially since it's people I'm friends with so they erm..change things. :P

[quote]I would recommend ordering your domain and web hosting package seperately. Some companies charge you for the domain if you get hosted with them, but they register the domain as theirs, and you are just using it. So if there is ever a conflict, they cancel your package and keep your domain.[/quote]

I totally agree, I lost a domain because of that.

I use EveryonesWebhost I've been with them for about a year and love them, however their public plans are pretty expensive...I got them when they were running a special thing so I pay $12/year with almost 0 downtime and more storage/bandwidth then I'll probably ever use. :)
May 18, 2004, 7:13 PM
Mitosis
Your probably right, but the problem is that my parents wont buy from anyone else. Oh I came to this, MediaLite.ca. What do you guys think?
May 18, 2004, 8:50 PM
Mitosis
Its official, Im ordering www.MediaLiTe.ca this weekend! I have some great staff, and I make money monthly! This is going to turn out excellent :P

By the way, thanks to everyone whos given advice, especially KoRRuPT. I've gotten a lot better with my designs because of you. Thanks to everyone in general.
May 19, 2004, 11:27 PM
DrivE
I'm not so sure that LeeTiNG OuT YoUr NaMe LiKe ThiS is ProFeSSioNaL oR AtTraCtiVe.
May 20, 2004, 2:45 AM
iago
[quote author=Hazard link=board=2;threadid=6859;start=0#msg60937 date=1085021103]
I'm not so sure that LeeTiNG OuT YoUr NaMe LiKe ThiS is ProFeSSioNaL oR AtTraCtiVe.
[/quote]

Pimping*
May 20, 2004, 4:01 AM

Search