Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | Visual Basic Bot Tutorials

AuthorMessageTime
warzone
I'm kind of new to vb. And i need to learn how to program. And how to make my own bot.
If you have list of tutorials that can walk me though please post them in this fourm.
I'm using
Visual Basic - Control Creation Edition
*Free edition*
May 17, 2004, 6:50 AM
Forged

I have an idea, learn visual basic. Don't steal others source codes, because chance are if you don't know vb you will not know what is going on in the source...
May 17, 2004, 12:51 PM
Grok
Writing something fun and easy is a good way to learn a language. Starting with a CHAT bot is the easiest thing to do. Go to the BotDev forum, and the BotDev website, where combined you can see hundreds of VB source code samples from bots. I know on botdev website there is my old tutorial of a chat bot framework. It is an acceptable place for a total beginner to start.

BotDev Forum
BotDev Website

HTH,
Grok
May 17, 2004, 3:59 PM
hismajesty
www.vbtutor.net
May 19, 2004, 1:54 AM
warzone
k
June 26, 2004, 1:01 AM
LW-Falcon
Read Sam's Teach Yourself VB in 21 days.
June 27, 2004, 10:59 PM
warzone
Where i get it from?
July 6, 2004, 4:41 AM
DOOM
[quote author=Forged link=board=31;threadid=6846;start=0#msg60517 date=1084798265]

I have an idea, learn visual basic. Don't steal others source codes, because chance are if you don't know vb you will not know what is going on in the source...
[/quote]

Studying examples put out by other people can be a good way to learn something new... He never suggested stealing anything.
July 6, 2004, 4:07 PM
MichaeL
lol,

If your newb to Visual Basic, there is no way you can code your own chat bot. I'd start off with stuff like calculators. VBTutor.net is the website that I learned the basics.

Edit: Doom, your also right, I also learned a great amount by looking at source codes,(Learning by example) never stealing them.
July 9, 2004, 3:29 PM
SPY-3
if you want a basic source for a chat bot then id recomend reading this
http://pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=32251&lngWId=1
dont just change the name and steal it read from it and add to ur own project
August 27, 2004, 12:58 PM

Search