Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Run-time error 383

AuthorMessageTime
ChR0NiC
Run-time error 383
Text property is read-only

I get this error when trying to connect my bot, hmmmm I don't remember changing anything.....I also get this error when trying to load my setup form. Otherwise the bot is fully operational.

I did look on google, but came up with not too much worth of resources. I only get this error when I run my bot from the exe, but not from the source. Any help is always appreciated.
May 17, 2004, 12:32 AM
Null
Trying to edit text in a control after it has been locked? , disabled?
May 17, 2004, 12:37 AM
LoRd
[quote author=effect link=board=17;threadid=6839;start=0#msg60473 date=1084754260]
Trying to edit text in a control after it has been locked? , disabled?
[/quote]
No.

[quote author=ChR0NiC link=board=17;threadid=6839;start=0#msg60472 date=1084753964]
Run-time error 383
Text property is read-only

I get this error when trying to connect my bot, hmmmm I don't remember changing anything.....I also get this error when trying to load my setup form. Otherwise the bot is fully operational.

I did look on google, but came up with not too much worth of resources. I only get this error when I run my bot from the exe, but not from the source. Any help is always appreciated.
[/quote]
Obviously, you're trying to modify something that doesn't allow modifications. Including what is highlighted will allow us to give you more information.
May 17, 2004, 12:41 AM
ChR0NiC
I do not get this error when running the program from the source, only when I am running it from the EXE once I have compiled it. Therefore I have no idea what it is trying to write to, but since I am clicking the connect button, I assume it is the Main Rich Text Box.
May 17, 2004, 12:53 AM
Stealth
Okay, that's your starting point. Trace your program as it works from the _Click() sub and see what readonly text it could possibly be changing.
May 17, 2004, 4:51 AM
ChR0NiC
Duely noted ;D

Edit: Ok the problem was, I was using a Combo Box and the style was was set DropDown List and on Form Load I was setting the Combo's text to one a specific item in the list. I guess VB doesn't like that :P
May 17, 2004, 5:03 AM

Search